Enforcement of Child Support

If you owe unpaid child support, your child's other parent has a number of ways to collect the money from you.

  • First,  the other parent may go to court and ask a judge to issue a judgment for the amount of the arrears. This is called a judgment for child support. Once the parent has a judgment, a whole host of collection methods become available. (To learn about ways to enforce judgments, see our Creditor Lawsuits area.)
  • Even without a judgment for past-due child support, there are other options for collection, such as automatic wage withholding.  
  • Finally, both the federal and state governments are also involved in enforcing child support orders -- and they can use aggressive tactics to get the money for your kids.

Get debt relief now.

We've helped 205 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you