Consular Processing Procedures

For any would-be immigrant coming to the U.S. from another country, the normal way to apply for and obtain U.S. lawful permanent residence (a "green card") is through a procedure called consular processing. Its key feature is that, after some communication with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the U.S. (USCIS), the immigrant will deal primarily with, and attend a visa interview at, a U.S. embassy or consulate, likely in his or her home country. Learn more about what's involved, here.


Talk to an Immigration attorney.

We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you