Legal Information Is Not Legal Advice
This site provides information about the law designed to help users safely cope with their own legal needs. But legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that our information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation.
Before Using Lawyer Directory Services...
Nolo's website offers you several ways to identify and locate an attorney (or other legal services) including advertisements for lawyers, a searchable directory of lawyers and law firms, and third-party legal referral systems (we'll collectively refer to them as the "Lawyer Services"). If you are using the Nolo Lawyer Services you should read the following terms and conditions below. If you disagree with these terms and services, please do not use the Lawyer Services.
- Nolo will never refer you to a specific attorney or service. You are solely responsible for making a selection of
an attorney or other service.
- Nolo does not receive any portion of any legal fees charged by any lawyer or law firm. Any fee arrangements and
legal services are strictly between you and the attorney you select.
- Your contact with, or use of an attorney contacted via a Lawyer Services does not create an attorney-client
relationship between Nolo and you.
- The release and security of any sensitive or confidential information transmitted by you to any attorney or
service is your sole responsibility.
- Lawyer Services and the individual attorneys represented by them, provide information to Nolo which Nolo does
not verify, validate or confirm, except as expressly stated by Nolo.
- Nolo does not endorse any particular attorney or legal service and cannot guarantee the quality, or reliability
of any legal services provided by any of these Lawyer Services.
- Nolo cannot perform a check for conflicts of interest between you and an attorney provided by a Lawyer Service.
- When using Lawyer Services, you may be required to provide some personal information to Nolo such as name,
address, email address, or telephone number. If provided to Nolo, Nolo shall only use this information for the
specific purpose for which it was requested -- that is to assist in the location of an attorney or legal service. Nolo
has no control and makes no representations as to the use of personal information provided to third-party Lawyer
Services advertising on Nolo's website. For information on these privacy practices, contact the Lawyer Service for
- If you use Nolo's Lawyer Services, you agree that: IN NO EVENT SHALL NOLO BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY
SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. SOME STATES DO NOT
ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS
MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- THE LAWYER SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND NOLO MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE LAWYER SERVICES.
- Nolo may amend these terms at any time by posting the amended terms and conditions on its website. The rights
and obligations of the parties under this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. The
Superior Court of Alameda County or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California will
have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over all controversies.