Washington Foreclosure Law Center

If you're facing a foreclosure in the state of Washington, start here to learn about the process.

Most foreclosures in Washington state are nonjudicial, which means the lender doesn't have to sue you in court to sell your home through the foreclosure process. The lender has to comply with specific notice requirements, including contacting you about resolving the problem and sending a notice of default and notice of sale. Throughout most of the process, you have the right to reinstate the loan. And if you get an appropriate referral, you can participate in foreclosure mediation, a process in which you and the lender explore "loss mitigation" options (alternatives to foreclosure). And if the lender sells your home through a nonjudicial foreclosure, it can't seek a deficiency from you.

Below you can get more details on Washington foreclosure procedures, its anti-deficiency law, and its foreclosure mediation program. For even more information on foreclosure, alternatives to foreclosure, and government programs to help you avoid foreclosure, visit our Foreclosure Center.


Talk to a Foreclosure attorney.

We've helped 75 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you