Adjustment of Status Procedures

Once you know that you are eligible for U.S. lawful permanent residence (a green card), the question becomes how to apply for it. Some -- but not all -- applicants who are already in the United States may use a procedure called Adjustment of Status. This involves submitting all of your application materials to, and attending the interview at, an office of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Adjustment of status applicants never need to leave the U.S. for an interview at a U.S. consulate in their home country, which can be a distinct advantage depending on the circumstances of their case. Find out how adjustment of status works here.


Talk to an Immigration attorney.

We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you