Twitchell and Rice, LLP is a full-service law firm providing transactional and litigation expertise in the areas of environmental and agricultural law, business, real estate, employment, estate planning, probate and landlord/tenant.
We are committed to providing our clients with superior legal services by developing long-term relationships with our clients, by advancing the interests of the legal profession and our judicial system, and by proactively participating in the communities in which we live and work.
For over a century, Twitchell and Rice, LLP has represented quality legal service. It was built on this foundation and continues to provide cost-effective and intelligent solutions to our clients' challenging legal and business problems.
215 N. LIncoln Street
Santa Maria CA 93458
Twitchell and Rice, LLP is experienced in designing and assessing the structure and legal affairs of partnerships and corporations.
The form of business chosen for a business entity potentially affects every aspect of its operation. In that regard, our services include:
-- Offering advice as to the best operating scenario for our client's business, whether it be a proprietorship, limited liability company, partnership, or corporation;
- Reserving corporate names;
- Preparing corporate bylaws, articles of incorporation and preparation of minutes on an annual basis;
- Making appropriate filings with the Secretary of State;
- Dissolution of corporate entities;
- Filing of fictitious business statements;
- Offer advice regarding corporate strategy and planning including shareholder rights, officer and director obligations and duties, required authorization for specific transactions and other matters involving corporate law.
Vincent T. Martinez was born and raised in Orange County, California. Mr. Martinez attended Loyola Marymount University and graduated in 1991 with a degree in Business Administration. Immediately thereafter, he earned his law degree from Loyola Marymount University School of Law in 1994. In 1994, Mr. Martinez began his career as an attorney in Santa Maria where he eventually joined the law firm of Twitchell and Rice as an associate. In 2000, Mr. Martinez became a partner in Twitchell and Rice and thereafter became the managing partner of Twitchell and Rice, LLP that same year.
Mr. Martinez's practice areas include:
- Civil litigatio
- Oil la
- Agricultural la
- Public la
- Corporate and business law
- Wills, probate and trust administration.
Mr. Martinez is a member of the Northern Santa Barbara County Bar Association and in 1999 served as its president. He is also a member of the California State Bar. As the managing partner of Twitchell and Rice, LLP, Mr. Martinez has encouraged all members of the law firm to engage in community service as part of their commitment to the practice of law.
Mr. Martinez currently serves the community as follows:
- Member of the Marian Hospital Community Board;
- Community Action Commission;
In the past, Mr. Martinez has served the community as follows:
- Commissioner in the Children & Families First Commission for the County of Santa Barbara;
- Board member of the Northern Santa Barbara County United Way (served as President);
- Trustee of the Marian Foundation;
- Santa Maria Youth and Family Center Board of Directors (served as President);
- Board of Directors of the Nipomo Chamber of Commerce;
- President of the Hispanic Medical/Legal Association.
Linda V. Mai was born and raised in Orange County, California. Ms. Mai attended the University of California, San Diego where she graduated in 2004 with an undergraduate degree in Political Science and a minor in History. She then attended California State University, Fullerton, earning a Masters Degree in Political Science with high honors in 2007. Thereafter, Ms. Mai earned her law degree from the University of San Diego in 2010. Ms. Mai began her law career as an attorney in the San Gabriel Valley and subsequently relocated to Santa Maria and joined the law firm of Twitchell and Rice, LLP in May 2012. Ms. Mai volunteered with the Public Law Center in Orange County and with the Orange County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. Ms. Mai is a member of the California State Bar, the Santa Barbara County Bar Association and the Orange County Bar Association.