Ryan Stark Lilienthal Law Offices, LLC

Ryan Stark Lilienthal Law Offices, LLC

Ryan Stark Lilienthal Law Offices, LLC is a firm concentrating in immigration and nationality law.

Firm Overview

Our clients include corporations with business immigration needs, as well as individuals seeking temporary and permanent status in the United States. In the rapidly changing world of immigration law, we pride ourselves as a law practice that stays on top of new developments, and is responsive and accessible to clients.

Main Office

Main Office
5 Mapleton Road
Suite 100
Princeton NJ 08540



Immigration Law

Our services include, but are not limited to, applications for the following types of temporary visas

H-1B Professionals: Companies seeking to hire foreign nationals for positions that require at least a bachelor's level of education in a specific field should consider the H-1B visa for professional occupations. In recent years, these coveted visas have been quickly used because of annual limitations on the number of available visas. H-1B visas are usually issued for 3 years, and renewable for an additional 3 years for a total of 6 years. Note that many individuals in F-1 student status or J-1 exchange visitor status often change status to H-1B.

L-1A and L-1B Intracompany Transferees: Multinational companies wanting to transfer an executive, manager, or employee with specialized knowledge can take advantage of the L visa for intracompany transferees. The L-1A visa, for executives and managers, is valid for up to 7 years; and the L-1B for employees with specialized knowledge is valid for 5 years.

E Treaty Traders/Investors: Individuals from countries with whom the United States has a designated trade/investment treaty may be able to obtain an E visa based on trade or investment in the United States.
O Extraordinary Ability Foreign Nationals: Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, athletics, arts, entertainment or business may qualify for the O visa. This visa is designed for individuals who have risen to the very top of their field and seek to enter the United States to continue to perform in their area of extraordinary ability.

P Athletes and Entertainers: Athletes, performing artists and entertainers seeking to enter the United States with an itinerary for competitions, shows or performances may qualify for the P visa.
H-2A/H-2B Temporary Workers: The H-2A and H-2B visas are for temporary workers in agricultural and other industries, respectively. Temporary work is defined as a one-time project not to exceed one year, like construction work to meet the needs of a contract; or seasonal work, such as landscaping or positions in the tourism industry.
Back to Top

Our services include representing businesses, institutions, and individuals filing applications for permanent resident status. Common types of permanent residence application include:

PERM Labor Certification Applications: This is the standard process followed by most employers who sponsor their foreign national employees. The PERM application process requires employers to test the labor market by advertising for the sponsored position in newspapers, placing a job order with the appropriate state Department of Labor office, informing individuals at the worksite about the application by posting a notice or informing the relevant union, and additional recruiting if the position is for a professional worker. Once an employer's PERM application is certified, the employer files an immigrant petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly the INS). The employer immigrant petition is followed by the employee's adjustment of status application (if the application is made from within the United States) or immigrant visa application (if the application is made abroad).

Optional Special Recruitment for College and University Teachers: Colleges and Universities can take advantage of a truncated version of the PERM labor certification application process outlined above. This is particularly helpful because schools can avoid some of the more burdensome aspects of the standard PERM application requirements. Furthermore, since college and university teaching positions often require at least a master's degree, the government will classify such positions as ones for advanced degree professionals, thus qualifying the application for faster processing.

Extraordinary Ability Applicants: Individuals recognized nationally and internationally for their extraordinary ability in their field may avoid the need to file a labor certification application, and may qualify for the preference category with the fastest processing times. Individuals who meet specific criteria, which shows that they are leaders at the top of their field in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics and will continue to work in their area of extraordinary ability, can be sponsored by an employer for this category, or self-petition without an employer.

Outstanding Professors and Researchers: Like applicants for extraordinary ability classification, outstanding professors and researchers may qualify for the preference category with the fastest processing times based on their international recognition for being outstanding in a specific academic field. Such individuals must have three years of experience teaching or conducting research, and seek entry for a tenure or tenure-track teaching position; comparable position to conduct research at an institution of higher education; or similar position to conduct research with a qualified private employer.

Ryan Stark Lilienthal

Ryan Stark Lilienthal Law Offices, LLC

Mr. Lilienthal is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, and serves as the New Jersey Chapter's Legislative Liaison. He chairs Einstein's Alley Immigration and Employment Task Force and co-chairs the American Jewish Committee-New Jersey Chapter Immigration Task Force. Mr. Lilienthal also serves on the advisory board of the Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund (LALDEF).

Mr. Lilienthal is a former member of the Princeton Joint Consolidation/Shared Services Commission; and a former councilman of Princeton Borough.

Mr. Lilienthal received his B.A. in Religion from Tufts University, and his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School, where he was a member of the Brooklyn Law Review.


Brooklyn Law School
Juris Doctorate,