Full Service Intellectual Property Practice dedicated to providing the experience you seek at a reasonable rate and with the personalization you deserve.
I opened my firm to serve the legal needs of companies (and those forming companies) that I felt were missing in a larger firm practice.
As a seasoned lawyer, I am in a position to act as in-house counsel while companies are being formed and can navigate my way through the patent office when clients are seeking to protect their intellectual property. I worked in-house as both a scientist and in the legal group so I understand the needs of companies from different angles. For this reason, I am on call when my clients have questions and work with them to serve their personal needs. I love my job, which is important because I don't mind working hard at it.
My firm's motto is: "Quality work at a Reasonable Price." I have always and will continue to do my best to live up to this standard. I strongly believe that every client deserves to have personalized service and strive to achieve this. I look forward to serving you!
14677 Via Bettona, Ste 110-111
San Diego CA 92127
Full service patent firm with specialties in the biotech, pharmaceutical, specialty pharma and medical fields.
IP Prosecution: Conduct patentability searches, including structure-based chemical searches, and render patentability opinions. Conduct freedom-to-operate studies and draft non-infringement, invalidity, and unenforceability opinions. Prepare, file and prosecute U.S. and International patent applications in various technology fields, including biotechnology/pharmaceutical, specialty pharma, oil/gas, agrochemical, clean tech, diagnostics, medical devices, and biologics.
My top priority is client service. I make myself as accessible as necessary to fill my client's needs, am timely responsive to their requests, and manage issues as they evolve.
Procopio, San Diego, CA
Senior Counsel/Contractor (Sept. 2011-Present)
Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati, San Diego, CA
Patent Attorney (June 2005-Sept. 2011)
Pillsbury, Winthrop, San Diego, CA
Patent Agent (Feb. 2003-May 2004)
Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, San Diego, CA
Patent Agent (Jan. 2003-May 2003)
Honorable Rudi M. Brewster, San Diego, CA
Judicial Extern (Sept. 2003-Dec. 2003)
Novocell Biosystems, Irvine, CA
Patent Agent (Sept. 2002-Jan. 2003)
Agouron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., San Diego, CA
Patent Agent (May 2001-Aug. 2002)
Agouron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., San Diego, CA
Assistant Scientist II, Chemical Research and Development (Jan. 2000-April 2001)
Assistant Scientist I, Chemical Research and Development (Jan. 1999-Jan. 2000)
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc., San Diego, CA
Research, Medicinal Chemistry (May 1997-Jan. 1999)
Representative Legal Matters:
* Represented a global chemical products company as plaintiff in a patent infringement matter involving certain fiber technology and obtained a jury verdict of infringement and patent validity.
* Represented patent owner in an infringement litigation concerning an epileptic-seizure-inhibiting composition against first-to-file generic.
* Represented a global chemical products company in a patent infringement action relating to patent infringement claims regarding polyimide films.
* Represented defendants in a multi-patent infringement action including counterclaims against plaintiff for infringement concerning method for imaging and tracking the movement of cells and microorganisms within an intact live mammal.
* Represented brand name pharmaceutical companies in ANDA patent infringement actions.
* Represented biotechnology client in patent dispute relating to humanized monoclonal antibodies and genetic testing.
* Represented generic and specialty pharma companies in patent infringement actions.
IP Client Counseling:
* Represented numerous businesses, including biotechs, pharmaceutical companies, specialty pharmaceutical companies, oil/gas companies, agrochemical companies, and clean tech companies with their intellectual property portfolios.
* Obtained patents for numerous products such as chemical compounds, delivery technology and formulations, biologics, agrochemicals, diagnostic methods, and medical devices.
* Represented several clients in filing for patents, trademarks and negotiating licensing and royalty agreements, including agreements with large pharmaceutical companies.
Bar Number: 237219
Bar Number: 48374 - USPTO
University of San Diego, School of Law
University of California, San Diego
B.S. Chemistry, 1999
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.