Dagmar R. Myslinska

Articles By Dagmar R. Myslinska

How to Apply for Convention Against Torture Protection
In case your asylum applicant is not granted, make sure to alert the authorities to any risk that you might be returned to a country where you'll be tortured.
How to Apply for Permanent Residence (a Green Card) as an Asylee
Once you've spent at least a year in the U.S. in asylum status, you can apply for a green card (adjustment to lawful permanent resident status).
What to Do If You Can't Make Your Immigration Court Removal Hearing
If you are a foreign-born person in the U.S. whom the immigration enforcement authorities are placing in removal proceedings, you will receive what's called a Notice to Appear (NTA).
Can I Apply for Asylum With a Criminal Record?
Even if you meet the definition of a “refugee,” you will not be granted asylum once an Asylum Officer or an Immigration Judge finds that a criminal bar applies to you.
Which Should I Apply for: Asylum, Withholding of Removal, and/or Protection Under Convention Against Torture?
If you are physically present in the U.S., and are applying for asylum, you should also apply for two alternative forms of relief if you fear persecution or torture in your country of origin.
How to Prepare an Affirmative Asylum Application
Details of how asylum-seekers in the U.S. who are not in removal proceedings should prepare their application.
Preparing Persuasive Documents for Your Asylum Application
A successful asylum application depends on submitting convincing documentation along with a Form I-589. What documents will carry the most weight?
How to Prepare for an Asylum Interview
Preparing not only for the questions, but for the emotional aspects of telling your story of persecution to the Asylum Officer.
Applying for a Refugee Travel Document
You can travel outside the U.S. as a refugee or asylee, but get a refugee travel document first.
Rights and Available Benefits After a Grant of Asylum
After you receive your final approval of asylum, you can apply for certain immigration-related and other government benefits and services.