Cynthia Yializis

Cynthia Yializis, J.D., has practiced both family and employment based immigration law for over five years. She discovered her interest in this field as a law student interning at Irish Refugee Legal Services. This experience made her realize that she wanted to use her law degree to help those who are seeking a better life and opportunity. She has since worked in both private practice and higher education. Cynthia is currently serving as the Assistant Director of the Center for International Legal Education at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, and maintains a regular pro bono immigration practice.

Cynthia received her law degree from the University of Pittsburgh and her bachelor’s degree in molecular and cellular biology from the University of Arizona. In her spare time, she enjoys travel, fitness, and writing.

Learn more about Cynthia's legal practice at  Yializis Law. Cynthia can also be found on   Google +.

Articles By Cynthia Yializis

Can I Stay in U.S. as a Tourist After My Student Visa Expires?
If you have been studying in the United States, most likely on an F-1, M-1, or other temporary (nonimmigrant) visa, you may want to finish your stay with a little vacation.
How Long It Takes to Get a Student Visa to the U.S.
Timing to plan around, both with respect to the school schedule and that of the U.S. government office with which you will be dealing.
Applying to Reinstate Your F-1 or M-1 Student Status
Students who have fallen out of F-1 or M-1 status may request their status back using USCIS Form I-539.
Proving "Extreme Hardship" to a U.S. Relative for Immigration Purposes
You might be eligible to file a waiver for certain grounds of inadmissibility based on the extreme hardship your qualified relative will experience if you are not admitted to the United States.
Bringing Family to the U.S. While on a Student Visa
Planning to study in the U.S. on an F-1 or M-1 visa? If so, your spouse and minor children (under 21 years of age and unmarried) may request visas to come and stay in the United States with you.
How to Prove Intent to Return Home After Studying in the U.S.
The U.S. welcomes foreign students to its colleges, universities, and other schools. But it also makes a point of ensuring that they plan to return to their home countries when their studies are over.
When Is a Waiver of Inadmissibility Available for a Green Card Applicant?
In some cases, a special application for legal forgiveness will overcome a bar to receiving lawful permanent residence.
How Much Money You Need to Be Eligible for a U.S. Student Visa (F-1 or M-1)
Can you prove that you have the financial resources needed to get a student visa to the United States?
Transferring Schools or Colleges on an F-1 Student Visa
No matter how much research and planning you did before choosing a school in the United States, you may find that the one you have chosen is not right for you.
F-1 Students in Severe Economic Hardship: How to Apply on Form I-765 for Off-Campus Work Permit
Tough times making it difficult to pay your tuition? See whether you're eligible for a special work permit.