The Ortiz Law Firm handles all aspects of Social Security Disability claims, including the following:
- Initial Claims or Applications;
- Requests for Reconsideration
- Requests for Hearings
- Hearings before Administrative Law Judges and
- Appeals Council appeals above a Judge.
Attorney Nick A. Ortiz is a Board Certified Social Security Disability Attorney. To become certified Social Security Disability Attorneys, a lawyer must pass all the requirements of the National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy, an American Bar Association (ABA) accredited organization providing Board Certification. All certified Social Security Disability Lawyers must be in "good standing" with a "period of practice" in the area. They must also show "substantial involvement" in the practice of Social Security Disability law.
A Board Certified Social Security Disability Lawyer can be your first step to getting the benefits to which you are rightfully entitled. Social Security Disability Lawyers can help guide you through the process, including the appeals process and being present at your hearing. CERTIFIED Social Security Disability Attorneys may be able to obtain special reports or submit specific questions to doctors to help you finally have success with getting your benefits awarded. After you have filed your initial claim and have been denied, do not delay any further but seek advice from qualified, determined, and BOARD CERTIFIED Social Security Disability Lawyers. When you start your search for an attorney, keep the following questions in mind:
* How long has the attorney represented Claimants in Social Security Disability Claims?
*How many hearings has the attorney appeared as Counsel for a Claimant?
*Are they familiar with the Judges in your immediate area?
*Do they handle appeals after a denial with an Administrative Law Judge?
*Will I be represented by a Board Certified Attorney at my hearing?
Many law firms that represent themselves as experienced representatives may not actually be Board Certified Social Security Disability Attorneys.
Fees for legal representation in these cases are set by the Social Security Administration. It will not cost you more to have a Board Certified Social Security Disability Lawyer representing you.
Call Social Security Board Certified Disability Advocate Nick A. Ortiz for a free case evaluation.
Ortiz Law Firm
528 W Garden St, Ste 3
All cases are handled on a "contingency fee" basis.
M-F 9am - 5pm
Nick A. Ortiz
Emergency After Hours
In addition to Social Security disability claims, the Ortiz Law Firm handles Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability and ERISA disability applications and appeals.
The Ortiz Law Firm handles applications and appeals in Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability claims with insurance companies such as UNUM, MetLife, Guardian, The Hartford, and others.
Bar Number: 12699
Florida , 2005
UCLA School of Law
J.D. (law degree)
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.