U.S. Employment While on a Student Visa

Although foreign students (on F-1 or M-1 visas) are expected to come to the U.S. able to support themselves throughout their studies, U.S. immigration law does allow them some limited opportunities to work. This may include both on-campus and off-campus employment, in some cases after graduation. Details about eligibility and application procedures can be found here.


Talk to an Immigration attorney.

We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you