Should a deadbeat dad's nonpayments go on his credit report?

Related Ads

Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer

Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area

searchbox small


How do I get child support arrears onto the deadbeat dad's credit report?


Such a nice, short question -- for what must have a nasty, long history. Contact your local district attorney's child support unit. By law, the folks there must report arrears over a certain amount to the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.

Get Professional Help

Find a bankruptcy or debt settlement lawyer.
how it works 1
Tell us about your case
how it works 2
Get matched with local lawyers
how it works 1
Connect with your lawyers