Family Sponsors Petitioning for Immigrants

Related Ads

Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer

Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area

searchbox small

As either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident (green card holder), you have the right, under U.S. immigration law, to ask that certain foreign-born members of your family be able to join you in the United States. However, this won't happen instantly. You will need to start the process by proving your family relationship. If you are not "immediate relatives," your family members will have3 to wait until a visa (green card) is available in their category (which may take years). Finally, your family member will submit an application for a green card.

Related Ads