North Dakota extends special protections to tenants who are
victims of domestic violence. Here are some of the domestic violence (DV) laws
that apply to tenants:
- Landlord entitled to proof of DV status
- Landlord cannot refuse to rent to a victim of DV
- Landlord cannot terminate a victim of DV.
Landlords who violate the provisions providing early termination are subject to
damages including actual damages, $1,000, reasonable attorney’s fees, costs,
- Early termination right for DV victim
- Landlord may not disclose information provided
by a tenant that documents domestic violence.
Check the North Dakota statute (N.D. Cent. Code §â