Can I leave guns in my living trust?


Can I leave guns in my living trust?


The ownership, use, and transfer of firearms are subject to a host of state and federal laws. If you want to leave firearms through a will or trust, look into a "gun trust," which is a special trust designed to let a knowledgeable trustee handle firearms. These trusts are often used for NFA or Title II firearms--weapons that must be registered under terms of the National Firearms Act.

Talk to an Attorney

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you

Legal Information & Books from Nolo