Acquiring or Deriving Citizenship Through Parents

Even if you were not born in the United States, you may be a U.S. citizen. This can happen by being born overseas to a U.S. citizen parent or parents, or by having held a green card when your parents became naturalized U.S. citizens. However, the legal details have changed over the years. Find out more here.