Each year (and throughout the year), Nolo's expert attorneys thoroughly review and update Quicken WillMaker & Trust, making legal updates and adding new features so that WillMaker continues to stay current and get better over time. Here are highlights of the changes made for the 2020 version.
The biggest change to the program this year is the addition of a document quiz, that helps you figure out which documents to make. You provide information about your life situation, and WillMaker gives you a list of documents that might be useful to you.
The WillMaker & Trust 2020 is now available for purchase.
- NEW Document Quiz to help you decide which documents to make
- Small change to the pot trust provision
- Revised the Letter to Executor
- More information about deciding to make a will or living trust.
- Maine only -- small change to the self-proving affidavit
- Durable Power of Attorney (DPAF)
- Added additional fields for agent’s contact information
- Georgia – removed revocation recording requirements
- Health Care Directive (HCD)
- Updated information about state restrictions on agents
- Notary updates
- Vermont – updated notary certificates
- New information about finding a notary
- Executor’s Checklist – updated estate tax numbers
- Information for Caregivers and Survivors – many small changes throughout the interview
- Promissory Note – This document is now back in the program. Using it no longer requires going to Nolo.com
- Revocation of Power of Attorney
- Georgia – removed recording requirements
New and More Information
We added or updated information in the legal manual about:
- Living trusts – what they do, when you might want one, and how to make one
- Electronic wills – an increasing number of estates are allowing these
- Duplicate wills – new information about how spouses can use WillMaker to make duplicate wills
- Prevalidating wills – in a few states you can prevalidate your will before you die
- Self-proving affidavits – most states provide some method for making it easier to get your will admitted to probate
- Durable powers of attorney for finances – updated information about when to (and when not to) use this form
- Estate taxes
- And much more
With Quicken WillMaker & Trust 2020, in addition to all of the great forms, you’ll also get two useful ebooks:
- Special Needs Trusts: Protect your child’s financial future. Learn how to provide for a loved one with special needs without jeopardizing government benefits. Includes all the forms and information you need to make a third-party special needs trust.
- Quicken WillMaker& Trust: The Legal Manual– a full book filled with detailed legal information designed to help you make documents with WillMaker.
We provide legal and technical updates to Quicken WillMaker & Trust throughout the version year – so through the end of 2020. As long as your computer is connected to the Internet, your program will update automatically whenever a new update is available.