Ready to File Form I-751 to Remove Conditions on Your U.S. Residence? USCIS Address Just Changed

Find out where to get the latest filing address for USCIS Form I-751.


According to an announcement by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) the agency has changed the filing location for Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

You will need to use this form if you filed for a green card based on marriage to a U.S. citizen and your marriage hadn't reached the two-year mark by the time you were approved for U.S. residence. That would mean your initial green card was "conditional," with a two-year expiration date on it.

Form I-751 is the form that conditional residents must prepare and file up to 90 days before the expiration date on their green card, to show USCIS that they now deserve permanent rather than conditional residence.

Until now, Form I-751 needed to be sent directly to either the California or Vermont service center. Now, however, you must send Form I-751 to what's called a USCIS "lockbox" facility. That facility will, after intake procedures, forward your I-751 to either the California, Nebraska, Vermont, or Texas service center for further processing and a decision.

For further instructions, see the "Where to File" and "Filing Fee" directions on the USCIS I-751 page.

Effective Date: September 10, 2018