Chapter 6 explains how to fill-out the court forms needed to change your name. Page 73 addresses the Civil Case Cover sheet. Readers are asked to refer to the filled-out sample form, but the form that follows on page 74 is not filled out. Here is what you need to know:
- As directed in the text, complete the caption as you did when filling out your Petition for Name Change.
- Check "UNLIMITED " in the CIVIL CASE COVER SHEET box below the caption.
- In Item 1, check "Other petition" under Miscellaneous Civil Petition.
- In Item 2, check "is not."
- In Item 3, check b.
- In Item 4, type "none."
- In Item 5, check "is not."
Date the form, type or print your name, and sign.
Effective date: Jan 01, 2014