Where Do I Find Latest USCIS or Department of State Immigration Forms and Filing Fee Amounts?

U.S. immigration application forms are easy to obtain. You should not have to pay anyone for them. They are all created by the U.S. government; usually either U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the U.S. State Department (DOS) or one of its overseas consulates. Most immigration forms are available for free download at the website of the relevant U.S. government agency.

However, you do want to make sure you are using the latest version of the relevant form. U.S. immigration authorities revise these forms often. Even if you start out with the right version, by the time you’re done preparing all the supporting documents and are ready to submit your application, chances are the form will have gone out of date. In that situation, the government could refuse to accept your application, and will send it back to you to do over.

Where to Obtain Immigration Forms From U.S. Government

The main sources for immigration application forms are:

• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, through its website at www.uscis.gov/forms (search or scroll down until you find the form you need—they are usually identified by numbers); or by calling 800-870-3676, and

• the U.S. State Department, through the Forms page of its website.

caution CAUTION

Visiting your local USCIS office is nearly impossible. There times when someone is allowed to visit a USCIS office in person, but visitors are required to first call the USCIS Contact Center to see whether the matter can be dealt with without a visit and to make an appointment if needed.

Where to Check on Latest U.S. Government Fees for Immigration Processing

Immigration application fees, like the forms, change regularly. And most USCIS and consular applications require fees to accompany them. Failure to include the proper fee will result in your application being returned to you.

For up-to-date fees for U.S. filings, check the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov/forms. Alternately, you could call the USCIS Contact line at 800-375-5283.

For up-to-date fees for consular filings, check the State Department’s Fees for Visa Services page. This information may also be accessed through the U.S. State Department’s Visa Services office, at 202-663-1225. The fee can be paid in dollars or in the local currency, at the current exchange rate.


There will be other expenses. If you’re trying to figure out how much to budget for this process, don’t forget the costs of required items other than the fees, such as photos, the medical exam, and having documents translated or notarized.

Talk to a Lawyer

Need a lawyer? Start here.

How it Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you

Talk to an Immigration attorney.

We've helped 85 clients find attorneys today.

How It Works

  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Choose attorneys to contact you