Welcome to Nolo's New York Laws and Legal Information collection -- all of Nolo's New York-specific resources in one place, links to key online information about New York's government, and more.
New York Code - Search or browse the official online version of New York laws.
New York Laws and Legal Information - The latest New York law on common legal issues, straight from Nolo:
- Estate Planning: Wills | Living Wills | Living Trusts | Financial Power of Attorney
- Job Discrimination
- Judgment Liens on Property
- LLC Formation
- Marriage | Marriage Licenses and Blood Tests
- Nonprofit Corporation Formation
- Probate: Avoid Probate | Probate Shortcuts
- Property Disputes Between Neighbors
- Security Deposit Limits and Deadlines in New York
- Small Claims Court in New York
- Statute of Limitations (Time Limits for Filing a Lawsuit)
- Wage and Hour Laws in New York
- Workplace Smoking
New York Lawmakers and Elected Officials - Learn more about New York politicians at the state and federal levels of government.
- New York Governor
- New York Attorney General
- New York State Legislature: Assembly and Senate Members
- U.S. House of Representatives Members - New York
- U.S. Senate Members - New York
New York Court Information - Learn about the New York court system and find your local courthouse.
New York Supreme Court Decisions - The latest written opinions from New York's highest court.
New York Constitution - Understand the functions and powers of New York government and the rights of its citizens.
New York Libraries That Carry Nolo Books - Locate a library in New York that carries Nolo's legal books.
Find an Attorney in New York - Locate a New York lawyer for you or your small business, with Nolo's trusted Lawyer Directory: