Small firm focusing on Real Estate, Land Use and Zoning, and Business problem-solving in Santa Cruz and surrounding counties, including transactions, litigation and other advocacy. The firm does NOT handle residential landlord-tenant issues.
We provide the following services:
REAL ESTATE LAW
* Land use permits;
* Zoning compliance and red tag removal;
* CEQA and Coastal Act compliance and litigation;
* Writ of mandate litigation (against or on behalf of public agencies);
* Real estate transactions, disputes and litigation;
* Commercial leasing;
* CC&Rs and deed restrictions;
* Easements, subdivisions, lot line adjustments, driveway agreements, and related disputes
* Business entity formation (partnerships, corporations, and LLCs);
* Purchase and sale agreements;
* Service agreements;
* Breach of contract; and
* Related mediation, arbitration and litigation
314 Capitola Avenue
Capitola CA 95010
The firm does not provide free consultations or advice on specific matters
For 26 years, I have practiced a mix of advisory, transactional and litigation-type work, all of which complement each other in making Mr. Dolinger an effective advocate for his clients regardless of the context.
I am one of a small handful of attorneys in Santa Cruz County with substantial experience representing clients before administrative agencies on land use matters, and in CEQA and other writ of mandate litigation.
I provide sound, objective advice to my clients ("tough love", when necessary), along with strong client advocacy. Litigation is extremely time-consuming and expensive, and not to be taken lightly. I strive to regularly check in with my clients about the risks, costs and benefits of various courses of action, and to provide legal services that my clients feel are a good value.
I think my clients would describe me as easygoing, courteous, and a good listener. I try hard to understand my clients' motivations, goals and concerns, and to make sure they understand as much as possible about the substantive and procedural issues they are faced with. I help my clients make cost-benefit decisions, which is often an ongoing process and ultimately involves business decisions that only the client can make. You can expect me to always be on your team, be a strong advocate for any reasonable position you choose to take, to be diligent in all of the work I do for you, to timely call you back when you need to talk to me, and to be fair in my billing.
I like working with clients that understand the legal issues, have a mastery of the factual issues, and are engaged in the case. It makes the work more interesting and leads to better results if I can discuss and deliberate about the case with my client. There are a lot of subtleties and uncertainties in the practice of law, and the more clients understand about that, the better decisions they will make.
Please see my webpage for a detailed bio: http://dolingerlaw.com/miles-j-dolinger/
Bar Number: 168084
Golden Gate University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1993
U.C. Santa Cruz
B.A., Philosophy, 1988
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.