Full Service for Businesses and Business Owners since 1994, including commercial real estate, finance, LLCs and corporations, franchises, construction, and wills & trusts.
Who We Are
Founded in 1994, Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Schoen, P.C. is an AV Preeminent (5.0 out of 5.0)-rated, commercial practice law firm offering a full range of services for large, medium and small businesses, both publicly-traded and privately owned, including banks, life insurance companies, commercial mortgage brokers, credit unions, aerospace and automobile manufacturers, homebuilders and real estate developers.
In particular, we emphasize: commercial real estate transactions and disputes; commercial real estate finance transactions; acquisitions and sales of businesses; limited liability companies and corporations; construction law; and franchising.
We proudly deliver expertise, superior work product, exemplary professionalism and leading-edge computer technology -- You expect this of law firms much larger than us, but we do so with the cost effectiveness, responsiveness and personal service you expect from smaller or "boutique" law firms.
What We Can Do For You
We advise and solve problems for business owners, business buyers and sellers, commercial real estate lenders and borrowers, commercial real estate sellers and buyers, commercial real estate landlords and tenants, commercial construction contractors and subcontractors, design professionals, and franchisors and franchisees.
For example, we:
- review, prepare, negotiate and enforce commercial loan documents, loan restructuring and loan workout documents, and loan commitments
- conduct due diligence reviews, and resolve title and survey issues and defects
- review, prepare, negotiate and enforce commercial real estate documents such as purchase contracts, CC&Rs, easements, leases, and construction contracts
- issue borrower's counsel opinion letters
- form and maintain limited liability companies and corporations, including single-purpose entities
- prepare franchise disclosure documents and franchise agreements for franchisors
- evaluate proposed purchases of franchises on behalf of prospective franchisees
We Are Recognized For Our Commitment To Excellence
- The law firm is rated AV Preeminent (5.0 out of 5.0) by the Martindale-Hubbell National Legal Directory and was awarded "Business Law Firm of the Year - Arizona (2017)" by Corporate Insider Magazine and "Best Business Law Firm - Arizona 2014" by Acquisition International Magazine.
- Mr. Schoen, individually, is rated AV Preeminent (5.0 out of 5.0) and is or has been recognized, among other places, in: Arizona's Finest Lawyers; the National Law Journal as Arizona's Top Rated Lawyers 2019; the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers; The Arizona Republic as Top Lawyers of Arizona 2020; The Legal Network 2018 as Top Lawyers in Arizona; Legal Leaders 2019 as Arizona's Top Rated Lawyers in Real Estate Law; Marquis Who's Who in America; and The Heritage Registry of Who's Who.
- Mr. Schoen has presented seminars and published articles on commercial real estate and business matters, and has been interviewed and cited as authority on commercial real estate matters.
Since 1986, Mr. Schoen has represented large, medium and small businesses, both publicly-traded and privately owned, including banks, life insurance companies, commercial mortgage brokers, credit unions, aerospace and automobile manufacturers, homebuilders and real estate developers.
(NOTE: AV Preeminent (5.0 out of 5.0) is the HIGHEST RATING awarded to a law firm or a lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell National Legal Directory and is the result of an extensive and confidential review by the attorney's peers in the legal community. The AV rating indicates "very high to preeminent legal ability" and demonstration of "the highest professional and ethical standards.")
Bellagio Executive Plaza
333 North Dobson Rd., Ste. 5
Chandler AZ 85224
Business Transactions and Matters
Purchase and sale agreements - for businesses, including asset purchases and sales, and stock purchases and sales.
Due diligence and feasibility reviews and investigations - in connection with business purchases and sales, including review and resolution of issues related to: receivables, liabilities, inventory, equipment, employees, leases, financing, sales taxes and trade names.
Non-compete agreements and confidentiality agreements.
Trade names, trademarks, trade secrets and confidential information.
Equipment leases and financing.
Standard customer contracts.
JEFFREY A. SCHOEN is the founding shareholder (partner) of the law firm, where he practices commercial law with particular emphasis in commercial real estate transactions, commercial real estate finance, limited liability companies and corporations, construction law, and franchising.
Since 1986, Mr. Schoen has represented business owners, buyers and sellers; commercial real estate owners, buyers and sellers; commercial landlords and tenants; commercial lenders and borrowers; design professionals; commercial construction contractors and subcontractors; and franchisors and franchisees. He has presented seminars and published articles on commercial real estate and business matters, and has been interviewed and cited as authority on commercial real estate matters. Mr. Schoen is or has been recognized, among other places, in: Arizona's Finest Lawyers; the National Law Journal as "Arizona's Top Rated Lawyers - 2019;" the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers; The Arizona Republic as Top Lawyers of Arizona - 2020; The Legal Network - 2018 as "Top Lawyers in Arizona;" Legal Leaders - 2019 as "Arizona's Top Rated Lawyers in Real Estate Law;" Marquis Who's Who in America; and The Heritage Registry of Who's Who.
Before founding Law Offices of Jeffrey A. Schoen, P.C. in 1994, Mr. Schoen had been a partner in a 10-attorney Phoenix law firm, an in-house counsel at the Arizona division of a major international bank, and an associate attorney in a 41-attorney Phoenix law firm. He brings that larger law firm expertise, experience, training and professionalism to the smaller law firm environment and clientele, along with smaller law firm personal service, cost-effectiveness and responsiveness.
Mr. Schoen received his B.S. degree in Aeronautical Technology from Arizona State University in 1975, and his J.D. degree from the ASU College of Law in 1986. He is a member of the American Bar Association (Sections on: Franchising; Business Law; and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law), the State Bar of Arizona (Sections on: Real Property; and Construction Law) and the Maricopa County Bar Association (1986-2018).
Mr. Schoen also formerly was a member of the American Association of Franchisees & Dealers: as Member of the Steering Committee of the LegaLine Council; as Secretary of the LegaLine Council; and as Chairman of the LegaLine Council Accreditation Subcommittee. He has served as a Judge of the Negotiation Competition and the Client Counseling Competition (both Competitions sponsored by the American Bar Association Law Student Division) held at the Arizona State University College of Law.
Before attending law school, Mr. Schoen was a pilot instructor in the United States Air Force, graduating Number 1 in his Pilot Instructor Training class, attaining the rank of Captain and earning the Air Training Command Certificate of Master Instructor Pilot. He also earned several licenses and certificates issued by the Federal Aviation Administration, including: Airline Transport Pilot - Multi-Engine Land; Certified Flight Instructor - Airplanes and Instruments; and Glider.