Estate Planning, Wills, Living Trusts, Probate, Trust and Estate Administration, Financial and Health Care Powers of Attorney, Taxation, Small Business Law.
Focusing primarily on the needs of individuals, families and small business owners. While most of our services are centered around living trusts, wills and other estate planning solutions, we also assist clients with probate and trust administration, taxation, and small business law.
We pay close attention to all the details, provide clear communication in plain and non-legalese terms, and create customized plans tailored to meet each client's individual needs and priorities.
2131 Palomar Airport Road
Carlsbad, CA 92011
My clients recognize me as being down to earth, approachable and easy to work with. I provide my clients with personal attention and clear communication in plain and non-legalese terms, so that the issues and concepts are easily understandable and my clients can make fully informed decisions. I have the understanding and the know-how to implement strategic estate planning tools in the most cost efficient and seamless manner. I am committed to providing high quality service, while often considering my clients' needs with regards to flexible scheduling and reasonable pricing.
When working with my clients, I find it important to connect with them on a personal level. My clients' personal stories often play a significant role in designing the best approach for their planning needs and priorities. I listen carefully, paying close attention to the smallest details, and find that my own background gives me some perspective on many of my clients' concerns.
In my personal life, my family is very important to me. I am a spouse, a parent, a grandparent, and have an aging mother suffering from Alzheimer's. My father passed away after a long battle with cancer, at which time I became acutely aware of how important it was to have a plan in place to ensure an individual's wishes are carried out after death. Soon after my father's passing, my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. As a result, I learned quickly how important it was to have a plan for incapacity or disability prior to such diagnoses. I can relate very well to similar experiences and concerns of many of my clients, who often come to me to plan for themselves and their families.
In my working life, I am happy having my own law firm, as it is a natural continuation of my life-long love for running my own business. Prior to starting my own law practice, I was fortunate to have several other successful careers, being an entrepreneur and a small business owner for over twenty-five years.
When advising my clients, I take great pride in being able to draw from my broad range of professional experiences and education. Over the years my professional experiences have included:
- Providing contract services for attorneys and tax professionals in other firms in the area of Estate Planning and Taxation;
- Assisting private clients with their finances as an enrolled agent, mostly serving the needs of individuals and small business owners in various tax related matters, including tax consulting, income tax preparation and IRS representation;
- Co-founding a successful medical high-tech start-up company, specializing in innovative concepts of medical laser technology; and
- Operating a small real estate brokerage, employing several sales people and concentrating in residential and investment properties sales in San Francisco Bay Area.
In addition to my law degree, I also have two business degrees (MBA and BS) with concentration in Marketing and Management, as well as an active CA Real Estate Broker License (although not currently practicing real estate).
Because I've been my own boss for many years, I have learned how to keep balance between running a business and raising a family. As a devoted family person, I enjoy working with individuals and families, because I know from my own experience the importance of putting the right estate plan in place, protecting family values and preserving the assets for the benefit of the whole family, no matter how big or small. Also, I enjoy working with small business owners, since I have been and continue to be a small business owner myself, and understand what's involved in running a business, the hard work and dedication it requires, and various challenges often faced.
As an attorney, I am passionate about helping people plan for and successfully navigate both the inevitable and the unexpected events in life, and to ensure that:
- Personal, family, and business goals are realized;
- Family values are protected and assets are preserved;
- Risks and expenses are minimized; and
- Peace of mind is achieved.
My clients recognize me as being down to earth, approachable and easy to work with. I provide my clients with personal attention and clear communication in plain and non-legalese terms, so that the issues and concepts are easily understandable and my clients can make fully informed decisions. I have the understanding and the know-how to implement strategic estate planning tools in the most cost efficient and seamless manner. I often consider my clients' needs with regards to scheduling and affordability, and therefore I am willing to keep my schedule flexible and pricing reasonable.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.