Torrance - Main Office
21515 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance CA 90503
Donald R. Hammond
Donald R. Hammond
222 W. 6th Street
111 W. Ocean Blvd.
We help our clients triumph over adversity. We protect and find justice for our clients. Even if you committed a crime, you should not have to face the challenge alone or the harshest punishments. Together we can overcome any challenge.
Being arrested is one of the most traumatic things that an individual can experience, and the average American male has a 52% chance of being arrested in his lifetime. We understand what you and your loved ones are going through. We understand the intricacies of police and criminal procedure, and we can help preserve your rights. Before you talk to the police, you need to consult an attorney. The best time to seek help is before you are arrested. You donât have to talk to the police, and consulting an attorney early in the process keeps your options open to reach the best outcome in your case.
A qualified criminal defense attorney can talk to prosecutors before your case is filed, which in many cases results in a âDA Rejectâ â where no case is ever filed against you; in other cases, the charges filed are lesser than they otherwise would have been. Once charges are filed, your criminal defense attorney can help preserve and enforce your rights by fully investigating the facts surrounding the alleged crime and the police procedure involved in your arrest. We can file various motions to exclude evidence, and present the prosecutor with evidence and witness statements to help negotiate the best possible outcome. If necessary, we are prepared to take your case to trial before a jury of your peers.
Examples of cases include: Arson, Drug Sales, Assault, Grand Theft, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Battery, Rape, Burglary, Robbery, Conspiracy, Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Three Strikes, Drug Possession, and Unlawful Intercourse with a Minor (Statutory Rape).
For immediate help, call 323.529.3660.
You have learned lessons from your mistakes and are ready for a second chance. Our law office will not rest until your case is settled and your life is not just back on track, but even better than before.
You've finally done your time and paid back your debt to society, but the man is still trying to keep you down. Do you have an old conviction that is hindering your job search, custody dispute, immigration status, or holding you back in other ways? Now that you have served your sentence and you are trying to get your life back on track, itâs time to look at getting your old conviction(s) expunged.
We get felony convictions reduced to misdemeanors (including Proposition 47), get misdemeanors dismissed and expunged from clientsâ records, and file pardon petitions and certificates of rehabilitation.
We understand the long-term ramifications of criminal convictions and represent many âLifersâ â people with term-to-life (15-Life, 25-Life, etc.) sentences at their California Board of Parole Hearings parole suitability hearings. We help prepare the client for the hearing, including several visits to help the client understand the four pillars of parole suitability â responsibility, culpability, insight, and remorse. We also connect the client with resources in the community to shore up the his/her parole plans, including transition homes, 12-step programs, and job opportunities. And we work with family members and loved ones to help them write meaningful support letters that will actually be considered by the BPH panel.
For immediate help, call 323.529.3660.
Our Law Team Beliefs:
- We treat clients like friends and family, not like criminals.
- We know law and procedure better than most law enforcers.
- We give clients direct and honest advice and council.
- We faithfully serve clients with a 100% satisfaction rate.
- We believe in making the world a better place inside and outside of the courtroom.
Our extraordinary service goes the extra mile for you.
Being accused of a crime, including DUI, is a very stressful time in your life. We are committed to providing the best possible service to minimize your stress during this difficult time period. We go the extra mile to help keep your life from falling apart. Examples of extraordinary actions we have taken to help past clients include:
- Recovering clientsâ property from police/sheriffâs departments
- Mailing clientsâ property to family members
- Coordinating transfer of storage unit to a clientsâ family member
- Getting clientsâ vehicles from impound/tow yards and delivering it to safe place
- Providing transportation to and from court
- Calling clientsâ family members to notify them of custody status
- Calling clientsâ employers to explain missed work
- Subpoenaing clientsâ medical records
- Sending explanation letters regarding circumstances of a case, to future employers
- Coordinating community service for the day after a plea, before client leaves town
- Walking client into court-ordered programs to ensure smooth transition
- Securing and delivering proof of completion documents to court clerk
- Facilitating payment of booking fees and fines
- Scanning and maintaining copies of files for years to answer questions as they come up
- Appearing in court while client goes to work
- Providing referrals for insurance, ignition interlock device, and court-ordered program locations
- Providing referrals to counseling, sober living homes, and recovery programs
- Requesting early termination of probation, so client can move on with life
- Expungement & record clearing to help client move on with life
The list goes onâ¦ What will it take to help get your life back on track?
Don Hammond is more than just a criminal attorney. He's your friend who shows up and helps you through the toughest points in your life. After getting the best possible settlement for your case, he helps you get your life back on track. Our firm will treat your criminal case like it was our best friend's case. We go above and beyond the courtroom for you. We show up at an accident scene at 12am, call your mom to tell her you're in the hospitable but ok, and explain to your boss why you had to miss work for a court date. No one will take better care of you and your criminal case than The DUI Attorney, Criminal Defense Hero.
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.