Focused attorney with more than 30 years of experience helping clients plan for the future.
Jeffrey E. Prag in Stockton, California represents clients throughout the state of California in matters of taxation law, trusts and estates, and estate planning. He has more than 30 years of experience helping clients find solutions to their tax problems and handling their estate-planning needs. Jeffrey E. Prag is a highly skilled and experienced attorney dedicated to his clients. He offers meticulous legal services to help you strategize your tax and estate needs and helps you through the complex legal processes involved in achieving your goals and securing your peace of mind. He works directly with his clients, approaching you on a personal level in order to clearly explain your situation and options and guide you appropriately. His practice has a strong reputation for quality and effectiveness. Call Jeffrey E. Prag today to schedule a consultation and let him guide you in your legal matters.
Preeminent Practice Approaching Clients with Compassion:
Jeffrey E. Prag is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, recognized for his knowledge and service in his area of practice. He approaches your case with:
- Compassion - Jeffrey E. Prag works diligently to understand each client's individual situation and unique legal needs. He listens to all of the important details to provide appropriate tax and estate planning and develop strategies that help secure positive results.
- Experience - He has more than 45 years of experience providing an in-depth knowledge to help ensure efficient and effective solutions to your legal needs. He explains your options, provides advice, and delivers results according to your goals.
- Personalized attention - He works closely with every client and develops relationships of trust in order to best serve you. He affords his clients a security with his services that is of indispensable value.
Seasoned Attorney Devoted to Taxation, Trusts and Estates Issues:
Jeffrey E. Prag provides quality legal services in matters of taxation law, trusts and estates, and estate planning.
- Taxation law - In matters of taxation law, the firm helps clients find solutions to tax problems and provides assistance relating to tax planning, audits, liens and levies, and preparation of tax returns.
- Trusts and estates - In trusts and estates practice, the firm helps clients in all matters of trusts and estates including wills, trusts, and probate and guides you through the complex legal processes involved.
- Estate planning - The firm's estate planning practice provides excellent legal services in preparing and administering clients' estates, securing their futures and the futures of their families.
5250 Claremont Avenue
Stockton CA 95207
M-F 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Whether youÃ¢â¬â¢re planning the parameters of your future medical care or establishing support for loved ones upon your death, Jeffrey E. Prag can help with all aspects of trusts and estates issues.
-Estate tax issues
-Choosing the appropriate executor
Securing Your Legacy:
You work hard for your family, so knowing that you have planned for their long-term well-being and financial security can bring you comfort. Jeffrey E. Prag thoroughly analyzes your estate and strategizes the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship for your children, caring for your pets, supporting personal philanthropic causes and protecting your loved ones.
Draft your Living Will and Last Will and Testament:
A will is essential at every stage of your life. Your living will sets the parameters for medical intervention should you become incapacitated. This assures that when you are most vulnerable, your wishes will be honored.
Your last will provides the opportunity to distribute your property, establish care for your children and otherwise express your wishes upon your death. A will is necessary if you intend to leave property to a person or entity other than a blood relative, such as a domestic partner, a friend or a charity. If you die without a will, the court determines how your property is distributed, who cares for your children and even what happens to your pet, making decisions that might not reflect your desires.
Jeffrey E. Prag can draft valid wills that ensure your intentions are honored.
Changing Your Will:
As your life changes, so might your estate plan. You may need to update your will throughout your life. Jeffrey E. Prag drafts valid codicils that address changes in your financial situation, marital status, number of children, philanthropic interests and general lifestyle decisions.
Appointment of Guardianship:
If you have minor children, your will allows you to make decisions about their future care. This is especially crucial if you are a single parent or if both parents die in a common incident. If you do not name a guardian, the court will appoint a guardian for your children and can make decisions adverse to your ultimate parenting goals. You can also make arrangements for your pets' care in your will, including naming a guardian to take responsibility for your pets.
-Federal and State Tax Controversies Law
-Estate and Gift Taxation Law
-Charitable Giving Law
-Trusts and Estates Law
-Estate Planning Law
-Special Needs Trusts Law
Admitted: California; 1988, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California; U.S. Tax Court; U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Awards and Acknowledgements: AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Law School: Stanford University, J.D.
Member: Sacramento County and San Joaquin County (Member, Board of Governors, 1999-2001) Bar Associations; State Bar of California (Member: Taxation Law Advisory Commission, 1999-2002; Conference of Delegates, 1997-1998); Tax Attorneys of San Joaquin County (Chair, 1992-1997); Stockton Estate Planning Council (President, 1996-1997).
Biography: Adjunct Professor, Estate and Gift Taxation, Humphreys College School of Law, 1997-. Judge Pro Tem, Small Claims, Sacramento County Municipal Court, 1986-1993. Member, Board of Directors, San Joaquin County Chapter, American Red Cross, 1995-2001 (Chair, 1997-1998). Member, Board of Trustees, San Joaquin County Law Library, 1999- (President, 2001). Stockton Pacific Rotary Club (President, 2009-2010).
Born: Chicago, IL