Family Lawyers with More Than 45 Years of Combined Experience Represent Clients in Divorce, Child Custody & Support Cases in San Diego
Certified Specialists, Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
At Hervey & Wood, APC, we have a long history of working with San Diego residents to resolve family law cases. With a focus on high-asset divorces, child custody, and child and spousal support matters, we are dedicated to helping you get through difficult times in your life. As certified family law specialist, Robert Wood has the expertise to help you.
A firm foundation of excellence
When choosing a law firm, you should look for experience and an upstanding reputation for excellence. Our firm has both. Our practice has withstood the test of time, constantly evolving to meet your needs and provide you with the high-quality representation clients have come to expect from us. Our firm offers you:
- Skilled negotiators. Litigation can be costly, stressful and time-consuming. Although we are experienced trial attorneys prepared to aggressively defend you in court, we strongly believe in out-of-court negotiation of effective settlements to which both parties agree. We are highly experienced in negotiating divorce cases involving complex financial estates, as well as child custody, child support and spousal support cases.
- Certified family law specialists. Robert Wood is a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, an honor he has achieved by demonstrating the highest knowledge of and commitment to the practice of family law.
- Ethics and professionalism. Attorney Robert Wood is AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. He has earned recognition in the legal industry for his adherence to strong ethical standards and his dedication to professionalism.
Family law, child custody, and child & spousal support representation
We can help you with:
- Family law - We represent clients in a variety of family law matters, including child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support.
- Divorce - We handle contested divorces, including complicated financial estates.
- Child custody - We assist you with all issues involving child custody and visitation, including primary or joint custody arrangements, visitation rights, modification of custody and visitation orders and enforcement of orders.
- Child support - We help you understand child support guidelines, negotiate child support through mediation, litigate child support issues and enforce child support orders.
- Spousal support - We represent clients in all areas of spousal support.
- Property division - We have a wealth of experience handling the division of complicated financial estates including those with vast holdings.
1620 Fifth Avenue, Suite 800
San Diego CA 92101
California Family Law
Full-service family law firm in San Diego
The attorneys at Hervey & Wood, APC are here to help you with all aspects of family law, knowing that this is one of the most difficult times in your life. We listen to your needs, understand your concerns and help you reach solutions to your family legal problems.
Our family law attorneys have 45 years of combined experience. We provide legal services across a wide spectrum of areas, including:
-Child custody and visitation
-Child support modification and enforcement
-Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
Divorce is difficult, but it should not lead to a financial crisis. We are here to help you negotiate either the receipt of or the payment of spousal support so you can continue to live as comfortably as possible under the circumstances.
Child custody and visitation
For every parent, child custody is the most heart-wrenching aspect of divorce. We will help you negotiate and enforce your parental rights to help protect the best interests of your children.
Both parents share the responsibility of raising a child. At Hervey & Wood, APC, our attorneys help ensure your child receives the financial support required for a healthy, happy upbringing.
Child support modification and enforcement
Child support payments remain the same unless and until the court modifies the child support order. If either parent experiences a significant change in financial circumstances, our attorneys can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify your child support payments accordingly.
Throughout your divorce, our attorneys stand by you. We accompany you through mediation or litigation, depending on which is likely to obtain the best possible results for you - including fair distribution of assets, division of the marital home, spousal support, child support payments and child custody rights.
Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
When you marry your beloved, you may not foresee the potential problems that can eventually lead to divorce. We expect the unexpected and draft premarital agreements and post-nuptial agreements that protect both spouses' interests and that can alleviate some of the stress should you ever divorce.
He has earned an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.
-University of San Diego, J.D., 1975
-California State Polytechnic University, B.A., Political Science, 1972
Associations & memberships
-San Diego County Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section, 1976-; Chairman, Certified Family Law Specialists Committee, 1987)
-State Bar of California (Member, Family Law Section, 1976-; Member, 1995-2000, Vice Chairman, 1997-1998, Chairman, 1998-1999 and Advisor, 1999-2000, Family Law Executive Committee)
-American Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section, 1976-)
-Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 1993-
-Recipient, First Annual Norbert Ehrenfreund "Norby" Award, 1987 for service to the Family Law Bench and Bar
-Co-Editor, Certified Family Law Specialists' Marital Settlement Agreement, San Diego County Bar Association, 1986-
-Fellow: International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
-American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Secretary, 1989-1990, Treasurer, 1990-1992, Vice President-Programs, 1992-1994 and President, 1995-1996, Southern California Chapter; National Board of Governors, 1998-2000)
-Certified Specialist: Family Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
University of San Diego