Experience. Reliability. Results. Founded in 1985, Gianola Barnum Bechtel & Jecklin L.C. provides sound legal counsel and representation to individuals, families, and businesses in West Virginia.
Local: We are proud West Virginia attorneys in business to inform, protect and represent our neighbors.
Personal: Whether your case is straightforward or complex, we take a cost-effective, results-oriented approach that combines the skills, experience, and sophistication of a large law firmÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂwith the personalized care and attention of a small firm.
Experienced: With decades of combined legal experience there is no problem that we as a team cannot solve. We have been serving the Morgantown area for over 30 years.
Varied: From auto accidents to title and deed services, our talented team has the skills you need to tackle any injury, business or family law problem you may have.
Practice Areas: Bankruptcy; Business & Commercial Law; Truck & Auto Accidents; Construction Law; Estate Planning, Wills & Trusts; Family Law; Oil & Gas; Tax Preparation & Planning; Personal Injury & Wrongful Death; Products Liability; Real Estate Deeds & Titles; Social Security; Criminal Law.
MORGANTOWN, WV 26505
Bankruptcy; DUI's; misdemeanor criminal charges.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Our Bankruptcy Attorneys Can Protect You From Creditors: Gianola Barnum Bechtel & Jecklin, L.C. is a debt relief agency, and we help our clients file for debt relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Consult Us About Filing Chapter 7
For those who successfully file, Chapter 7 gives debtors a fresh start on their new financial life. Individuals, partnerships, and corporations may file under Chapter 7. It is especially beneficial to those with high unsecured debt, such as medical bills or credit card bills. Assets such as your home or car may be exempt.
To qualify for Chapter 7, your monthly household income must be less than the West Virginia median income for a household of your size. But if it is more, you may need to consider Chapter 13 bankruptcy, a repayment plan for those earning more than the state median income. Typical Chapter 13 filers have equity in a home or other property as well as regular income. While they can pay basic living expenses, their income does not allow them to stay current on their scheduled debt payments.
How we help your business file Chapter 11
While the news is full of stories of home foreclosures and personal bankruptcies, businesses are suffering, too. Tighter consumer spending and commercial credit put many businesses in a cash flow crunch or caused some to fail altogether.
Chapter 11 bankruptcy offers debt relief to businesses that are having trouble paying back loans and their obligations. It allows corporations and partnerships to reorganize and restructure their debts and contracts under more favorable terms so they can continue to operate while repaying their creditors.
If you are a business owner who is struggling to pay bills, Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows you to reorganize your business and satisfy debts without liquidating assets or shutting down operations. Since Chapter 11 filers expect their long-term profit to be worth more than the value of their assets after liquidation, creditors often benefit more by giving them the time to repay debts, rather than selling off business assets.
Certifications & Memberships
- Member, West Virginia University College of Law National Moot Court Team, 2003-2004
- National Order of Barristers
- The West Virginia State Bar
- The West Virginia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Monongalia County Bar Association
- West Virginia Rising Stars, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights, Personal Injury Plaintiff General, 2009
- West Virginia Rising Stars, Personal Injury Plaintiff General, 2010
- Champion, George C. Baker Cuup Competition, 2003
- Best Oral Advocate, George C. Baker Cup Competition, 2003
- Recipient Best Radio Sportscast and Best Television Newscast, Students of Illinois News Broadcasters Association, 1991
Bar Number: 9678
West Virginia, 2004
Bar Number: 317254
West Virginia University College of Law
Southern Illinois University
Radio and Television, 1991
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.