Farzad Family Law, APC is trusted divorce and family law firm with offices in Orange County and Los Angeles. We offer an affordable initial strategy session and reasonable fees. Please visit our website for additional information.
At Farzad Family Law our attorneys handle mid-sized as well as high asset divorce and family law cases including those that involve child custody and visitation, child support, spousal support, property and asset division, post judgment modifications, mediation and collaborative law, domestic violence and all other aspects of family law.
President, B. Robert Farzad and managing associates Matthew J. Sundly and Yvette Ochoa lead a team of attorneys that bring experience, intelligence and a result oriented focus to every case. The firm represents fathers, mothers, husbands and wives for all of their divorce and family law needs. In addition to litigation of divorce cases, including trial work, we also has a divorce and family law mediation department.
1851 E. First Street, #460
Santa Ana CA 92705
Generally, no although there are exceptions
Certain matters do quality for flat fees. Please contact the firm for more information
Attorney hourly rates vary from $300 to $450 + per hour
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Newport Beach Office
4400 MacArthur Blvd., #380
Los Angeles Office
601 South Figueroa Street, Suite 4050
We are a respected and trusted family law firm in Orange County, California. Please visit our law firm's website to read testimonials from happy clients and a summary of the case results we have obtained for family law cases like yours.
Our Orange County divorce and family law focus is the honest, effective and result oriented representation of each and every client. It is who we are as Orange County divorce lawyers. It is who we are as people.
In our personal lives, we care for our own children and families. In our divorce and family law firm, we focus on you and your children.
We know divorce can be confusing and emotional. We know if you let those emotions get a hold of you and don't have the calm and experienced representation of a skilled Orange County divorce lawyer, you could make bad decisions that have both a short term and long term impact on you and your kids.
That is where our Orange County divorce attorneys excel.
That is where our Orange County divorce attorneys not only get you on the right track but keep you there, even when you are faced with a spouse or parent on the other side, to whom you at one time dedicated your love and life, but who now means to do you harm.
On the pages of our law firm website, you will see our family law client testimonial page. Our clients use the following statements to describe our lawyers and how we handled their case:
"I always received the best possible advice..."
"I will always be grateful to Robert, thanks to his dedication, determination, his team, and professionalism..."
"I was able to avoid financial ruin and best of all, I got custodial custody of my children. I highly recommend this law firm..."
"They are thorough and caring, which allowed me to be able to relax a little during an extremely complex and stressful time..."
"If it was not for Robert I would have lost my custody and paying a lot money now..."
"It is not an exaggeration to say that the life I lead today is due to the work of Robert Farzad..."
"If you do not hire Robert, you are making a mistake, one that you will have to live with for many years. He has my highest recommendation."
"My case was very complex and Robert always found the proper strategy at the proper time. Without Robert Farzad, I would not have my wonderful daughter back..."
"Fantastic family law attorneys..."
"I feel so blessed to have found a lawyer with a heart rather than someone just out for a paycheck..."
"I always felt like I was important and relevant. Most importantly, while looking after my pastoral needs, he was doing a fine job in the courtroom..."
"I could not have selected a better law firm to assist me with my problems. Their staff is always available to help in anyway. I would highly recommend them 100%..."
"My case was very, very complex, I was so impressed with his strategic planning and how well he followed thru. If he says he will call you at a certain time he will always be on the ball and never late..."
"Communications were clear, concise, and open. I never felt like I was just another file."
"This office proved to me that professionalism and a caring attitude can and do go hand in hand..."
Testimonials are not a guarantee, warranty or prediction regarding the outcome of your family law matter.
This is just a small snap shot of some of the things our divorce and family law clients have written about our law firm and its Orange County divorce lawyers.
Our divorce attorneys bring legal experience, courtroom experience and life experience that help us excel at the representation of people just like you, especially since you are about to embark on one of the most challenging chapter of your life.
Our divorce and family law practice includes the representation of clients in the following areas:
- Dissolution of marriage, legal separation and annulment
- Child custody and visitation including those that involve allegations of abuse, neglect, and substance abuse
- Domestic violence for both married and unmarried persons
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Asset cases including division of real estate, businesses, franchises, and personal property
- Complex divorce and family law matters
- Post judgment modification cases
- Mediation and collaborative law
Do not let confusion, anger, frustration or sadness make your decisions for you.
It's time to put the strength of our talented Orange County divorce and family law lawyers, B. Robert Farzad, Matthew J. Sundly, Yvette Ochoa and the team of family law attorneys they lead at our family law firm on your side.
It starts with the first phone call or email to us. We can be reached at (714) 937-1193 or toll free at (877) 857-6500 or visit our Orange County family law website and complete the contact us form and we will get back to you immediately.
We are dedicated to finding solutions and getting your divorce and life on the track to success.
Let's get started
Divorce and family law deals with real life problems. Your children and family, your home, your business and finances are the things you hold dear and want to protect. Our Orange County divorce lawyers don't just practice family law. We have devoted our full time commitment and energy to it. Here is our firm philosophy on each area of divorce and family law
1. Child custody: Is anything more important than your children? Would you ever compromise their safety or welfare? Of course not. We feel the same way. Our law firm's philosophy is that children need to be protected from the sometimes hostile nature of a divorce case. Custody orders have to be consistent with the children's best interest. Custody should be shared between two parents who are fit to handle it. Custody and visitation should be limited to unfit parents and taken away from parents who abuse their children or are a danger to them.
2. Child support: Child support is a basic and fundamental right in the State of California. Our Orange County divorce lawyers work hard to make sure child support orders are fair and consistent with the law. Underpaying child support or overpaying it are just as bad and each parent has an equal responsibility to financially care for their children. That is California law.
3. Spousal support: The goal of spousal support is to maintain the status quo and, ultimately, the marital standard of living. Our philosophy on spousal support is very similar to child support. The goal is a fair order. Neither side should get a windfall but it's important to understand that both spouses have a duty pursuant to California law to become self sustaining, especially in a short term marriage.
4. Property division: California is a community property state. Our law firm's philosophy is that what is and is not community property should be diligently discussed and, when necessary, investigated through the discovery process. That is how property issues, including business buyouts, get resolved.
5. Domestic violence: Perpetrators of domestic violence as well as those who make false allegations of domestic violence should be punished and the victim should be protected. Our law firm philosophy is simple - litigate the truth. There is no excuse or justification for domestic violence anymore than there is one for making up false allegations. When children are involved, we work hard to protect them from abusive parents.
6. Modification proceedings: Too often, spouses and ex spouses bring modification proceedings of custody or support matters without thinking it through. Our philosophy is that before any modification request is brought, the facts and the law have to be clear. On custody, that generally requires, at a minimum, a change that is in the children's best interest. On support, the court generally expects there to have been a significant change of circumstances from the last order to the one a person seeks.
7. Mediation and collaborative law: Divorce doesn't have to be contentious. It doesn't have to be a "war". You should be wary of people who refer to it as such. Our philosophy on mediation is the objective and non-adversarial approach to resolving issues. Complete honesty between the spouses is a must and we insist on it before we will agree to mediation. Our Orange County divorce lawyers are willing to participate in the mediation process as a client's representative or, if both spouses want to use us as mediators, we are willing to do so. We do have a very firm rule that if we serve as a neutral mediator, we cannot ever represent one side or the other.
8. Lawyer's fees: Our fee agreements are clear, concise and fair. We don't "churn" files like so many divorce lawyers do. We don't take unreasonable positions in family court. We litigate as professionals and set forth our client's position with the strength of the facts and law on its side. Our fees are also reasonable. We are not "cheap". In our business, you do get what you pay for. For the quality of the legal representation, we believe our fees are quite fair.
9. Communication: Communication is at the heart of the attorney-client relationship. You don't hear our clients state that they tried to reach their lawyer but he or she won't call the client back. That just doesn't happen with us because we are diligent, not just in responding to clients, but proactively communicating with our divorce clients about their case.
10. Trust: We don't leave our clients guessing. When we act, we do so with our client's knowledge and consent. Our clients and our lawyers put together a strategy that makes sense. We work on a budget to keep the fees in line with the case and needs. We are honest and forthright with our clients. All of this builds trust. Our clients trust us and we have earned that trust.
The three things that we believe distinguishes us from other divorce law firms are 1. Client consultation process, 2. Communication skills and 3. Results oriented approach.
1. We don't take every client who calls us. It is not enough to have a family law case. We screen clients to make sure we are dealing with good people, with the right intentions and who are not looking at their divorce or family law case as a means of revenge. We are picky about our clients because we value our reputation. Unlike many divorce and family law lawyers whose only requirement to take on a client is the client's ability to pay the fees, we don't think that way. A client's financial ability to retain comes second. The client's case and goals come first.
2. We put a lot of emphasis on communication with clients. Lawyers, especially family law lawyers, have gained a reputation of not being around or available when clients call. Too many family law lawyers pawn off their clients onto secretaries and non-attorneys in the office. We just don't believe in that. Communication is a corner stone of our divorce and family law practice.
3. We are result oriented. Results don't always mean court room victories. Successful settlements are just as valuable and, sometimes, even more valuable because there is a lot of money saved in the process. We are proud of the results we achieve for our clients both in and outside the courtroom.
I am a strong advocate, strategic planner and I care about the law firm's clients. I have been a licensed California attorney since 1996. My area of law is limited to divorce and family law. Visit our website and check out our client testimonials. They speak to how we practice law. Client satisfaction is at the top of our priority list and we are ready to make you a priority.
Bar Number: 182301
Western State University, College of Law
Juris Doctorate, 1994
I am a senior, managing associate attorney at Farzad Family Law, APC. I have been with the firm since 2009 and a licensed California attorney since 1998. I am patient, compassionate and a hard working advocate for all of the firm's divorce and family law clients. My law practice is limited to divorce and family law. I am ready to help you.
Bar Number: 195821
University of California, Santa Barbara
B.A. in Philosophy, 1991
Western State University, College of Law
Juris Doctorate, 1998
I am a managing associate attorney at Farzad Family Law, APC. I am an intense, logical and effective advocate for all of the divorce and parentage clients I represent. I am committed to quality representation and efficient communication.
Bar Number: 273322
Pepperdine University, Malibu
Bachelors of Art Degree in English Literature with an emphasis in Philosophy, 2007
Western State University, College of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2010
Peter Saatjian is a family law attorney and associate at Farzad Family Law. Peter is one of the firm's rising stars. He has earned the firm's trust and respect and continues to show his potential to become an elite level family law attorney.
Peter has immersed himself in family law and has handled cases from inception through trial preparation. He is driven with a strong moral compass, work ethic, leadership, technical skills, and optimistic attitude.
Bar Number: 293662
San Diego State University
B.S. in Business Administration, 2010
California Western School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2013
Valerie Vasquez is a family law attorney and associate at Farzad Family Law. Valerie obtained her Juris Doctorate with a concentration in child, family & elder law from California Western School of Law in 2005. During law school, she was the recipient of the Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services (2004), Certificate of Appreciation from The Superior Court of San Diego (2004) and a member of the Child, Family & Elder Law Society. Prior to law school, Valerie Vasquez obtained her Bachelor of Arts in English and American Studies from University of Southern California (USC) in the year 2002.
Valerie Vasquez is an experienced attorney and has been licensed in the State of California since the year 2005. She is intelligent, calm and focused. She is compassionate and attentive to those husbands, wives, fathers and mothers she represents.
Bar Number: 239762
University of Southern California
B.A. in English and American Studies, 2002
California Western School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2005
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.