McCormick Divorce & Family Law exclusively practices divorce and family law. The Law Firm was started in 1996 and has helped over 17,000 clients. It is owned and operated by David McCormick who personally handles each case.
Newport News Location (By Appointment Only)
11815 Fountain Way
Newport News VA 23606
All of our services are offered at a fixed rate with affordable monthly payment plans available. We do not bill hourly.
McCormick Divorce & Family Law exclusively practices family law: specializing in divorce, custody/visitation, support, and all other family law matters.
The Law Firm was started in 1996 and has helped over 17,000 clients. It is owned and operated by David McCormick who personally handles each case. The Law Firm has been built on 4 pillars: Honesty, compassion, outstanding service results, and exceeding expectations.
I can relate to the multi-faceted issues that each client faces in a divorce or custody case. In addition to completing thousands of successful cases, I experienced a divorce after a long-term marriage and also the challenges of being a single parent. That experience helped me to understand the stress each client is under and encouraged me to help people get through this difficult time in their lives. Each case is important to me. I treat your case as if it is my own case and my only case, while always adhering to the "Golden Rule."
1. Earning my Bachelor and Masters in Business has helped me to manage the firm better and to provide strong legal plans for each case.
2. My real work experience in the food industry (6 years) and transportation field (13 years at UPS) has helped me to relate to the large variety of clients I help.
3. My experience teaching law school has helped me to become a better lawyer.
1. A+ rating with the BBB.
2. Rated top 1% of law firms by Martindale-Hubbell.
3. Depth of experience learned over 22 years of practicing law. My lead paralegal has over 9 years of legal experience.
4. Affordable monthly payment plans with no hourly billing.
5. Exclusive divorce and family law practice.
6. Flexible times to speak to your lawyer, including evenings and weekends. Additionally, our staff regularly monitors e-mail correspondence on weekends and holidays, so we can be reached in case of an emergency.
7. State of the art technology that allows you to track your case online, while also promoting a paperless environment.
1. Attorney from 1995 - 2017.
2. Adjunct professor at Regent University Law School for 6 years.
3. Juris Doctorate from Regent University where I served as class president, chairman of the Law School and Government School Council of Graduate Students and was listed in the Who's Who of American Law Students.
4. Former manager, supervisor, and driver for United Parcel Service for thirteen years.
5. Married with 4 children and 3 precious grandchildren.
6. Enjoys the outdoors, tennis and most sports, biking, community volunteerism, and participating in church activities. Currently serving on the YMCA Board of Directors.
Bar Number: 38678
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.