With over 20 Years of Successful Experience, the Eranthe Law Firm counsels and represents debtors in Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcies, IRS tax disputes, Debt Settlement, Credit Disputes, Contracts, Student Loans and Business and Consumer Contracts
Consumer Bankruptcy and Tax Dispute Resolution
Eranthe Law Firm began in 2008. The previous incarnation was from 1995 to 2005. I worked as an associate attorney for the period in between, which was an interesting experiment.
• Chapter 7 filing for a woman who lost her job and despite her best efforts fell behind in credit card payments and medical bills. After a thorough, detailed preparation of her bankruptcy case, she went through a five minute meeting with the trustee, who found she had no available assets for distribution.
• Chapter 7 filing for a couple with three children who had a seriously encumbered house about to go into foreclosure. Wife had fallen ill and husband's job performance dropped as he supported her. They were able to get a few more months in the house and put away money for moving expenses while obtaining relief from extensive credit card and medical debt.
• Small business owner was years behind on filing personal income taxes. The IRS filed returns for him finding that he owed over $600,000 in taxes. Client was busy running his business and did not want to deal with the IRS and also didn't believe that he owed as much as claimed. After collecting financial information, returns were calculated and filed. The end result was only $35,000 was due to the IRS.
• Attorney client went around and around with the IRS. Client claimed $75,000 estate tax was paid. IRS claimed it was not. After a review of the letters and documentation, I was able to correct the IRS error.
Eranthe Law Firm
4040 Civic Center Drive
San Rafael CA 94903
Mention Nolo for a 30 minute confidential no cost Financial Empowerment Session ($450 value)
Bankruptcy fees are a flat rate and considerably discounted from my hourly fees. Flat rates vary depending on the complexity of the case: I provide an upfront quote after an initial in depth consultation. I provide a high level of service and extensive one on one attorney time.
Tax dispute resolution fees are a flat rate which varies depending on the complexity of the matter: I provide an upfront quote after an initial 30 minute confidential Financial Empowerment Session. The flat rate quote includes investigation and the first level of activity.
For matters outside the scope of the flat fee agreements the hourly rate is $375.
Office hours are by appointment between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
I can bring in an interpreter when required.
The Eranthe Law Firm counsels and represents debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy, debt settlement, credit disputes and IRS tax disputes. We understand that these are difficult economic times and asking for help is a big step.
Many different things can contribute to a feeling of financial overwhelm. Perhaps you lost your job, were downsized or became employed part time. Maybe a family member became ill, reducing overall income and adding medical expenses. Or maybe you are juggling payments and borrowing more money to cover the payments on money that you borrowed a year or more ago. Learn the seven signs that you are over your head: http://marin-bankruptcy-law.com/191/7-signs-youre-in-over-your-head/ Catherine Eranthe works out of her San Rafael office and represents Alameda, Marin, San Francisco and Sonoma consumers in their bankruptcy cases and debt settlements. She also counsels and represents individuals and small businesses that owe the IRS over $10,000. Bankruptcy is Still an Option Are your credit card debts out-of-control? Have you taken pay day loans? Do you have accumulated medical debt? Is your house scheduled for a foreclosure sale? Have your bank accounts been levied because of your debts? Have your wages been garnished? Have your creditors filed a lawsuit or taken a judgment? Do you want to get out of debt so you can enjoy financial freedom? We promise prompt relief from creditor harassment. Bankruptcy is a legal debt relief tool. You may: Eliminate credit card debt Stop harassing telephone calls from creditors Stop a foreclosure or trustee sale Strip some second mortgages in a Chapter 13 Halt a civil lawsuit Prevent or stop wage garnishments Enable a Fresh Start Begin to rebuild your financial future
We live in challenging times and I want to make a positive difference in people's lives. I have experienced firsthand how an illness and reduction in income can impact finances and create stress. Further, there is a lot of misinformation out there about bankruptcy. Many people think it is no longer available or they must be complete failures to even consider it. I want to educate people that it is an option and the laws were written to give them a "fresh start" and renewed vigor. People in the current economy experience job loss and reduced earnings while debt continues to mount. This is unacceptable.
We live in challenging times and I want to make a positive difference in people's lives. I have experienced firsthand the difficulties and the stress of having a dispute with the IRS.
It is encouraged. I have written blog articles relating to bankruptcy, posted Bankruptcy Basics videos on my website and links to numerous resources relating to bankruptcy. In addition, my two-hour bankruptcy presentation for Legal Aid of Marin goes into detail about the process and answers questions about the considerations of bankruptcy. My clients fully participate in the process of their bankruptcy; we have a partnership.
I often review letters and other documents prepared by my clients.
This is a difficult area. The bankruptcy process is complex and there are many rules about what attorneys can do, and must disclose. In addition, it is impossible for me to give accurate advice without a complete analysis of each case, which cannot be accomplished in a coaching session. Lastly, people who try to represent themselves, even with assistance, generally get frustrated and have less-than-satisfactory results. So, no, I don't do that. I will provide general information and answer specific questions in an initial consultation.
• Attorney, Connor & Bishop
• Attorney, Bishop, Barry, Howe, Haney & Ryder
I've experienced many of the same problems as my clients. I became insolvent due to health issues and over reliance on credit while I raised two children on my own, one of whom had special needs. I have been a small business owner for most of my career and early on I experienced some of my own tax disputes with the IRS.
I'm non-judgmental and understand how hard people work to do the "right" thing. I have an eye for detail and provide a thorough workup of each case. I ask the tough questions that need to be asked, and listen between the lines. It is a partnership between my clients and myself as we work together to complete full disclosure; I take the lead through this difficult and often complex experience.Personal interests:
I love to be outdoors and enjoy walking about this amazing county. I paint and photograph the landscape. I'm planning to take up golf again when I get the time and I've raised two fantastic children. I am the creator of Brain Savers; 10 Tips for Lawyers CDs and seminars and I'm currently practicing laughter yoga.
Bar Number: 095962
New College of California, School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 1979
New College of California
Bachelor of Arts, 1979
Associate in Arts, 1974
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.