Taylor Karam (formerly Jameson)


Taylor Karam has dedicated her entire career to representing the indigent and immigrants. She is currently a staff attorney at Legal Services of Eastern Michigan in Flint, Michigan where she specializes in immigration, unemployment, and general civil litigation. Prior to working in legal aid, Taylor served for four years at the International Institute of Akron, a nonprofit legal services provider in Akron, Ohio, where she specialized in family-based immigration and deportation/removal defense. In her spare time, Taylor enjoys hiking, kayaking, gardening, and spending time with her daughter and dog.

Articles By Taylor Karam (formerly Jameson)

Can I Get My New Spouse a U Visa After Receiving a U Visa?
The spouse of a U visa applicant may, even if the marriage occurred after U visa approval, be able to apply for a green card with the U visa holder.
Don't Let Timing of Two-Year Meeting Requirement for Fiancé(e) Visa Destroy Eligibility
If you, as a U.S. citizen, and your foreign-born fiancé(e) fail to meet in person within the two years prior to submitting a petition for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa, expect a denial.
Latest on DACA Initial Applications and Renewals
Opportunities are ongoing for people to at least reclaim DACA status, for young people brought to the United States by their parents, without having knowingly violated U.S. immigration laws.
Missed My Biometrics Appointment for USCIS Application: What Do I Do?
If you fail to attend your biometrics appointment, it could result in significant delays in your application. USCIS could even deem your application abandoned and reject it. You might still have options to get your application back on track, however.
USCIS Eases Process for Crime Victims Applying for U Visas
June 14, 2021, New USCIS policy provides a pathway for U visa petitioners to receive employment authorization and deferred action status much sooner than before.
Received a NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) After Marriage-Based Green Card Interview: What to Do?
A strong NOID response may be your final chance to succeed in your case.
AG Garland Overturns Trump-Era Decision Undermining Asylum for Victims of Gender and Gang Violence
June 16, 2021 Attorney General Merrick Garland overrules Trump-era ruling denying that many victims of domestic violence may qualify for asylum in the United States.
What Happens When an Undocumented Immigrant Is Caught
Know your rights if you're an undocumented person picked up by ICE.
How Do I Request a Bond Hearing in an Immigration Case?
It is up to you to request bond. Unlike your immigration court proceeding, you do not receive information from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or the Immigration Court regarding your bond hearing.
Chart: What to Expect When Sponsoring a Fiancé or Spouse for a Green Card
Find out how long it takes to get a fiancé or spouse visa--and how to do it.