To use Nolo's eProducts (software not included) you must have:
- A program that opens ZIP files,which you can download for free. (Search online for "free compression utilities.")
eReaders cannot open zip files, so you must download to a desktop or laptop, unzip the files, and then move the files into your eReader.
For assistance in moving the files, please refer to your eReader's Technical Support pages: Kindle, Nook.
- Adobe Reader, which you can downloaded for free from Adobe.
- If your product contains editable (RTF) forms, a word processing program will be needed.
- Windows operating systems come with WordPad. If you have Microsoft Word (full version, not Viewer only), you can use Microsoft Word.
- Macintosh OS X comes with TextEdit; non-OS X users need Word 5.0 or greater, WordPerfect 2.1 or greater, or another RTF-compatible word processor.
Most of Nolo's eBooks download in a PDF (Adobe Reader) format. However, a small selection of our older eBooks still download as a zipped file which will usually contain the PDF eBook and a folder of forms which may be in either PDF or RTF format.
Nolo's eForm downloads contain one PDF instruction sheet and one editable RTF form for each form contained in the product.
Nolo's Digital Forms download in PDF format.
Forms with my Nolo book:
The forms that come with a Nolo book may be in either PDF or RTF format. In general, government forms are in PDF and forms created by Nolo are in RTF. If a form is intended to be given to someone else to fill out, those forms are generally in PDF.
Note: Nolo cannot provide technical support for non-Windows users; however, our back-of-book CD-ROMs, eBooks, eGuides and eForms will work on most Macs.
When purchasing an eproduct, use the computer you want to download it to; however, after you've downloaded it, you will be able to transfer it to another computer by copying it to external media or by emailing it to yourself.
Note that you will be unable to download this file if:
Recommended browsers: Google Chrome & Mozilla Firefox. If you experience issues using Safari and Internet Explorer, please try another browser.
- cookies are disabled on your computer, or
- a firewall prevents you from downloading files from the Internet.