Syndicate content

Working in the US

Can H-1B worker with DUI and expired visa travel to a conference?

Question I'm working in the U.S. on an H-1B visa and just got pulled over for drunk driving. My status is valid, but my visa expired.

read more

Foreign-Born Employees Need to Travel or Renew a Visa

If your company has employees working for you in the United States on a visa, a time may come when they let you know of plans to visit their home coun...

read more

Which Foreign Workers on Nonimmigrant Visas Don’t Need EAD Work Permits

Whether you’re an employer or a worker coming to accept a job in the U.S.

read more

How Professors and Research Scholars Can Come to the U.S. on a J-1 Visa

The U.S. government gives “J-1” visas to professors and research scholars who participate in “exchange visitor” programs.

read more

Overview of PERM Process (Obtaining Labor Certification)

Obtaining a U.S. green card is a multi-step process. If you are a foreign worker seeking a green card, the first step in the process is normally to ob...

read more

Frequently Asked Questions About H-1B Visas

Whether you are applying for an H-1B visa or have already received one, here are answers to your most likely questions:

read more