Adjustment of Status

All Adjustment of Status Articles

If I leave and return to the U.S. with DACA, can I adjust status?

Question I came to the U.S. with my parents from Mexico when I was three years old. Now I am married to a U.S. citizen.

read more

Adjustment of Status via "Parole in Place" for Family Members of U.S. Citizens in Military

Noncitizen spouses, parents, and ummarried minor children of U.S. citizen members of the U.S.

read more

How Much It Costs to Get a Green Card by Adjustment of Status

If you are thinking of applying for a green card (lawful permanent residence) within the U.S., through the process known as adjustment of status, yo...

read more

Waivers of Two-Year Home Residency Requirements for J-1 Visa Holders

If you are in the U.S. as an exchange student in J-1 status, and are interested in applying for a U.S.

read more

What Happens If I Travel or Move While Awaiting My Adjustment of Status Interview?

If you are applying for a U.S. green card through the process known as "adjustment of status," in which you submit your application materials to, and ...

read more

Where and How to Submit Adjustment of Status Packet to USCIS

In past years, people applying to adjust status (get a green card) from within the U.S. could submit their adjustment of status packet to a local Di...

read more