Making Home Affordable Program Extended Through December 2016
On June 26, 2014 the Obama administration announced a one-year extension to the Making Home Affordable (MHA) program. You can now apply for the MHA programs through December 2016. There are several programs within MHA, but the most popular is the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP), in which homeowners modify their mortgage loans to make them more affordable. But there are other MHA programs that can help homeowners as well.
Below is a list of MHA programs. These now have a December 31, 2016 deadline to apply (except HARP). Click on the link to get details on each program, eligibility criteria, and more.
- Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP2) (the deadline remains December 31, 2015)
- Second Lien Modification Program
- Home Affordable Unemployment Program
- Principal Reduction Alternative (PRA)
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA)