Rhode Island State Veterans Benefits
The State of Rhode Island provides few veterans benefits compared to other states.
Make the most of your claim. We've helped 225 clients find attorneys today.
In addition to benefits offered through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the state of Rhode Island offers a few additional benefits to veterans. These benefits are offered through the Rhode Island Division of Veterans Affairs, located in Bristol, RI.
To qualify for these benefits, veterans must have lived in the Rhode Island when they began military services or for two years before applying for the benefit.
RI Veterans Home
The Rhode Island Veterans Home provides war veterans with nursing and residential care as well as therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy. To qualify to live at the RI Veterans Home, veterans must have been honorably discharged and either:
- have served at least 90 days during wartime
- have served at least 90 days during service for which the veteran received a campaign medal, or
- have a service-connected disability or illness.
Contact the Division of Veterans Affairs at 401-254-8343 for more information.
RI State Veterans’ Cemetery
To be buried at the Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery in Exeter, RI, a veteran must have been honorably discharged and must have served the following:
- active duty during wartime
- at least two consecutive years of active duty during peacetime, or
- at least 20 years of National Guard or Reserve time.
Rhode Island veterans are also eligible for a veteran designation on their RI license or other identification card and for veteran license plates.