Rebuilding Credit FAQ
Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer.
How can I get a copy of my credit report?
2. How can I get a copy of my credit report?
You can get a free copy of your report once a year, from each of the three major credit reporting agencies -- Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. To order your free report, go to www.annualcreditreport.com or call 877-322-8228.
You are entitled to an additional free copy of your credit report each year -- even if you've already received your annual free report as described above -- if:
- you've been denied credit because of information in your credit report
- you're unemployed and looking for work
- you receive public assistance
- you believe your file contains errors due to fraud or identity theft, or
- you've been denied employment (or another adverse employment decision has been made) based in whole or in part on information contained in the report.
For details on the above ways to get additional credit reports, see Getting Additional Free Credit Reports.
In a few states, you can get additional reports even if you don't meet one of the above conditions. For more information, see Nolo's Credit Reports & Credit Scores area.