Licensing or Consigning Your Work

Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer.


Are you a visual artist or crafts artist? There are various ways to make money from your art. You can license your rights in the art and let others manufacture it (and wait for the royalty checks to roll in). You can sell your rights (known as an assignment), or you can consign your work to a gallery or store. Whatever you do, you'll need to know the basics.