These properties are not covered by Title X:
- housing for which a construction permit was obtained, or on which construction was started, after January 1, 1978
- lofts, efficiencies, and studio apartments
- short-term vacation rentals of 100 days or less
- a single room rented in a residential dwelling
- housing certified as lead-free by a state-accredited lead inspector
- housing designed for persons with disabilities, unless any child less than six-years old lives there or is expected to live there
- retirement communities (housing designed for seniors, where one or more tenants is at least 62 years old), unless children under the age of six are present or expected to live there.