Married Couples

Related Ads

Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer

Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area

searchbox small

What if you and your spouse co-own a car that is vandalized by your neighbor's teenager? What if you and your spouse are both listed as payees on a bad check? These are called "joint claims" and you and your spouse can and should sue together. If you are a married couple with a joint claim, you should both list your names as plaintiffs. It is usually okay for one spouse to appear at the hearing on behalf of both spouses as long as:

  • the claim is joint
  • the represented spouse has given written consent, which you should bring to court, and
  • the court determines the interests of justice would be served.

Talk to a Local Attorney

Need a lawyer? Start here.

how it works 1
Briefly tell us about your case
how it works 2
Provide your contact information
how it works 1
Connect with local attorneys
Related Ads