The Triple Bottom Line: The Benefits of Sharing Food
Social and Personal Benefits
- Enjoy better nutrition and a more diversified diet through mealsharing.
- Save up to 30 minutes of cooking time per day through mealsharing.
- Get fresher, tastier, and more nutritious food through community supported agriculture or a community garden.
- Support small and local farmers and food producers.
- Build community by cooperating to grow, prepare, and eat food.
- Reduce cross-country and inter-continental food transport by cooperating to get locally grown food.
- Reduce packaging waste through bulk buying.
- Reduce the large amount of edible food that goes to landfills.
- Support organic and sustainable farmers through community supported agriculture.
- Create "green collar" jobs by collectively supporting small-scale and sustainable food producers.
- Preserve farmland through involvement in agricultural land trusts.
- Eat healthy, artisan, and organic foods at affordable prices.
- Save between 20% and 50% on groceries by taking part in a cooperative or buying club.
- Save up to $30 per week by doing a lunch-share with your coworkers.
- Eat out less and save money by sharing meals with your neighbors.
FEATURED LISTINGS FROM NOLO
Swipe to view more