The Triple Bottom Line: The Benefits of Sharing Household Goods, Purchases, Tasks and Space
Social and Personal Benefits
- Get help and have fun getting your home improvement projects done.
- Gain access to all kinds of useful and/or fun items, by forming a goods-sharing group.
- Make your neighborhood safer by cooperating to prepare for emergencies and by creating a community where everyone looks out for each other.
- Save time on shopping or household chores, by cooperating with others to buy goods and services.
- Reduce extraction of natural resources and the manufacture of disposable consumer goods by sharing high quality goods with others.
- Cooperate with your neighbors to recycle and reduce waste.
- Reduce your home's carbon footprint by taking part in a home energy saving group.
- Cooperate on projects to save, purify, and recycle water.
- Save product packaging by buying in bulk with others.
- Save thousands of dollars by sharing ownership or use of household goods, equipment, tools, or clothing.
- Reduce monthly expenditures by forming groups to buy household supplies and staples.
- Bargain collectively for expensive goods and services, and save a lot of money on things like solar power.
- Save labor costs for home repair, by forming a home improvement group with friends or neighbors.