Your Triple Bottom Line: The Benefits of Sharing
Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer
Enter Your Zip Code to Connect with a Lawyer Serving Your Area
Social and Personal Benefits
- Get 30 to 90 extra minutes of rest or relaxation each day if you take a carpool or vanpool to work.
- Reduce traffic and urban congestion by carsharing and carpooling.
- Meet your neighbors: Studies have shown that in neighborhoods where there is less traffic people are more likely to know their neighbors.
- Help the elderly, people with disabilities, and low income households gain access to shared transportation.
- Carpooling to work can cut your personal CO2 emissions by a third, improve air quality, and reduce polluted runoff from roads.
- Up to eight cars will be taken off the roads for each car offered by large carsharing programs such as Zipcar and City CarShare.
- Fewer cars on the road means fewer parking lots, and more unpaved paradise.
- Save up to $3,000 per year by sharing your car with a friend or neighbor or by carpooling to work.
- Retire with an extra $660,000. That's the amount of money you will have in 40 years if you put that extra $3,000 per year into investments at a 7% rate of return.
- Earn up to $110 per month, tax free, through an employer-sponsored commuter voucher program.
Real Estate Topics
Do It Yourself
Find a Lawyer
Get Professional Help