If you’ve been issued a traffic ticket, you may ask yourself some of the following questions:
- Should I just pay the ticket and forget it?
- Is there a way to wipe this ticket off my record?
- If I pay the ticket, will my insurance rates go up?
- Do I have legal grounds to fight the ticket?
- Can I lose my license?
If you decide to fight the ticket, several things will happen:
- You will spend at least several hours and probably many more preparing to fight the ticket.
- You’ll worry about making a good court presentation.
- You’ll spend half a day or more going back and forth to court and arguing your case.
If you don’t fight the ticket, you could end up doing some or all of the following:
- spending money and many hours in traffic school to clear your record
- paying a hefty fine and having the ticket appear on your driving record
- If you have had another recent ticket, paying higher insurance premiums for the next three to five years, or
- if you have had several recent tickets, losing your driving privileges.
Are Tickets Impossible toâ