Foreclosure & the Military

Need Professional Help? Talk to a Lawyer.


If you are a member of the armed forces and are facing foreclosure or struggling to make your mortgage payments, you should be aware of special laws that apply to you. Military members may get special protections in foreclosure proceedings while on active duty or within a certain period afterwards. And servicemembers may be eligible for federal programs in the Home Affordable Modification Program, even though their houses are not their your primary residences. HAMP options include loan modifications, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, or other alternatives to foreclosure.