Most mortuaries or funeral homes are equipped to handle many of the details related to disposing of a person's remains. These include:
- collecting the body from the place of death
- storing the body until it is buried or cremated
- making burial or cremation arrangements
- conducting ceremonies related to the burial or cremation
- preparing the body for burial or cremation, and
- arranging to have the body transported for burial or cremation.
Note that the costs of these services vary dramatically, however. It is essential that you shop around if cost is an important part of your decision.