Complimentary 30 Minute Case Evaluation
Considered on case-by-case basis
As the primary member of the law firm, clients are guaranteed to deal personally with John O'Brien from the first phone call through resolution, settlement, or the trial of their business litigation lawsuit. He is available 24/7 and strives to develop personal bonds with his clients over and above an attorney-client relationship.
The O'Brien Law Firm practices in the area of business litigation and disputes because that is the area of John has practiced his entire legal career. After gaining invaluable experience and insight into such areas as fraud and breach of contract, John founded The O'Brien Law Firm. Apart for understanding the substantive law and procedure in these types of business lawsuits, John enjoys meeting and representing clients from different backgrounds and businesses.
Yes. While this determination is made on a case-by-case basis, the firm is sometimes willing to provide legal research, document review, motion work, case strategy/advice, and even trial work on a limited basis.
Yes. On a case-by-case basis, the firm is willing to discuss strategy or the substances of a client's case, even if they are representing themselves in litigation. This can be particularly advantageous to clients who do not have experience with lawsuits, motion work, trials, or with California's complicated civil procedure rules.
The firm welcomes clients to educate themselves on legal issues, particularly on the firm's website. However, the firm recognizes that attorneys spend years in school and years in practice learning the substance of the law and lawsuit procedure. Moreover, there is reason attorneys must pass the bar exam, get a law license, and continuously educated themselves. People should educate themselves in all areas of life, including the law, but a person who represents themselves in a lawsuit does so at their own peril (much like a person without a medical license performs surgery on themselves).
Yes. Having great experience in breach of contract and fraud lawsuits, the firm is open to reviewing contracts for clients. The is particularly helpful because the firm's attorneys have significant insight in what can lead to (and prevent) future lawsuits based on such documents.
The O'Brien Law Firm's style may best be described by just some of these testimonials:
- "John has a very understanding disposition towards his clients and practices with an aggressive yet peaceable demeanor. He keeps his clients informed and explains the pros and cons to you every step of the way regarding every decision. His clients interests are his number 1 concern and he will fight for them."
- "Do not hesitate to contact Mr. OÃ¢ÂÂBrien if you want consistent and effective representation for all your legal business needs in the greater San Diego area. If you want no nonsense quality representation, this is your man."
- "John was very personable and easy to work with. And, maybe more importantly, John operates his business litigation firm with integrity and honesty."
- "John is easy to work with, caring, diligent, and exhibits full force in both legal skill and personal effort. I am so grateful to have had the fortune of meeting and working with someone so highly capable and involved."
- "John was a pleasure to work with. He is thorough and fair, and saw my case through to a favorable outcome."
- "You guys have done a great job and I am glad I chose you to represent my case. Thank you for your very aggressive and successful handling of my case."
* Nolo has confirmed that every member attorney has a valid license and is in good standing with the state agency that licenses lawyers. Any past disbarments and suspensions (with possible exceptions for minor violations or nonpayment of dues, in our discretion) will be indicated accordingly in the badge. Member attorneys are required to notify Nolo immediately if they become the subject of any disciplinary action by any state licensing agency.