Attorney Thomas M. Woodruff
Tom Woodruff grew up in the Tampa Bay area and attended public schools in St. Petersburg, where he graduated from Northeast High School. After attending college at FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY and receiving his law degree from CUMBERLAND SCHOOL OF LAW at SAMFORD UNIVERSITY,he returned to Florida.
ATTORNEY WOODRUFF has been helping injured people since his graduation from law school in 1969. He first associated with large and medium sized law firms, where he began to build his reputation as a civil trial lawyer. He established his own law firm, WOODRUFF INJURY LAW, in 1975 and has been practicing personal injury law ever since. Tom enjoys helping injured people recover from their injuries and works to see that justice is done in every case.
First in Orlando and then in St. Petersburg, ATTORNEY TOM WOODRUFF always combined his legal career with public service. He served as a legislative aide to a State Senator and as an attorney for the Pinellas County Legislative Delegation. In 1976 he was elected to the FLORIDA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, where he served until 1988. In his freshman term, Representative Woodruff was selected a top ten outstanding freshman legislator. In subsequent sessions he chaired the Republican Task Force on Drug Abuse and served 12 years on the Insurance Committee. Significant legislation passed by Representative Woodruff included:
- "WORK FARE" requiring able bodied welfare recipients to work,
- "JUVENILE ARBITRATION PROGRAM" requiring juveniles to take responsibility for their actions,
- "HOME HEALTH CARE REGISTRATION ACT",protecting those in need of home heath care,
- "UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION PROBATIONARY PERIOD" act increasing employment opportunities and lowering employers' unemployment taxes,
- Legislation allowing judges to deny convicted felons early parole.
While practicing law, Attorney Woodruff served as a municipal PROSECUTOR and municipal JUDGE. Tom also stays active in his college and law school alumni organizations and donates generous sums to his alma maters so that current generations of students can have the same opportunities he had.
Admitted to practice
- Florida, 1969
- Colorado, 2000
- Florida State University, B.S., 1965
- Major: Criminology and Corrections
- Delta Chi Fraternity
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D., 1969
- Clerked with the law firm of Thomas, Taliaferro, Forman, Burr & Murray (n/k/a/ Burr & Forman LLC), one of Alabama's most prestigious law firms with over a century of legal history
- Cordell Hull Chapter, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- The Florida Bar
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Cumberland School of Law Alumni Association
- National President, 1997-1999
- Pinellas County Cumberland Club, President
- Florida State University National Alumni Association Board of Directors, Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-Chair, Chair-elect,Chairman (2007-2008).
- F.S.U.College of Criminology & Criminal Justice,Advisory Board(Current)
"HELPING INJURED PEOPLE 1969"
When you or a family member is injured, you need an attorney who understands what you are going through and can make the responsible parties pay for the damage they have caused. ATTORNEY WOODRUFF is a skilled personal injury attorney in Florida who knows how to listen to you and how to make others listen. Contact WOODRUFF INJURY LAW to schedule your free initial consultation today: